Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dog + Coffee =

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

Went downstairs and noticed that the cards I had on the computer desk were all out of order. I start going through a stack of cards (all in toploaders & pennys) and I noticed that like the bottom 3 are wet. I quickly take the cards out of the top loader and wipe them down with a kleenex. 3 cards went straight to card hell.

Not major money or anything, but these were cards I had offers on and I was on the process of selling. The cards are freaking done. It looks like I took the cards and left them in a sink for like 24 hours. I was kinda pissed so I call up my dad and ask him what the hell happened. My parents are convinced that cards are not worth anything and are just pieces of cardboard. He goes, "Uh yeah the dog jumped up and spilled my cup of coffee on them, sorry." The fact that I had to call him, and he not telling me is kinda lame. That goes back to my parents thinking cards+value= nothing.

Oh the cards were

09 Bowman Graham Hicks Ref Auto /500 - worthless
09 Bowman Sterling A.J. ******* Refractor Auto /199 - like a 10 dollar card
09 Bowman Sterling Mike Leake Autograph - Kinda worthless

Like I said they're nothing major, but I don't buy a lot of cards and the Sterlings were kinda cool.

All in all, don't get a golden retriever, stick to fish or something.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
That's why I enjoy my dog:

DSC00165.jpg

And don't get a cat. They are the same way ::facepalm::

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
We have a lunatic German Shepherd who thinks he is a good boy, but he really isn't.

Picture is tiny, but he ain't:
jack-1.jpg

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Andrew, love that pic. It looks like some one has him by the ear and is trying to lead him away, lol. Kim and I have 6 dogs, but they're all pretty good to have around.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Pretty much ******** that your parents seem to have a complete disregard for your personal property.

Doesn't matter if it was just "worthless" baseball cards to them, it's your ****. They spilled coffee on your desk, and didn't care? F that.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Andrew, love that pic. It looks like some one has him by the ear and is trying to lead him away, lol. Kim and I have 6 dogs, but they're all pretty good to have around.

Jack (or Crazy Jack, Dammit Jack, Jack Dammit) wants to be good, but let's face it:

He Must Be Watched At All Times!!

When we got him from the Animal Shelter a few years ago, he had nerve damage to the one ear, so it is always droopy. He is the most active 8 year old puppy you have ever seen!

In the background of the pic, you can barely see the barren wasteland that was once a lawn. Jack decided it looked better as an artillery test range instead....

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I have a cat, and thankfully he doesnt climb at all. He does like chewing on empty team basgs though. I will gladly take the damaged Polliock for something in trade, something cheap...

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
What are you collecting...Player or Team?

RandomH said:
jumbojohnny said:
I have a cat, and thankfully he doesnt climb at all. He does like chewing on empty team basgs though. I will gladly take the damaged Polliock for something in trade, something cheap...
Haha alright, what are you thinking?

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
RandomH said:
jumbojohnny said:
What are you collecting...Player or Team?

RandomH said:
jumbojohnny said:
Haha alright, what are you thinking?
Cubs.

I have these I can do for it.

2010 Topps Peak Performance GU Aramis Ramirez & Geovany Soto

Members online

Latest posts