Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the best way to ship baseballs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Hey gang.

I have a near case (11 of 12) Major League baseballs (the Hall of Fame ones) that were part of some lot I won a while back. I've been meaning to list them, but haven't figured out the best way to ship them individually. Should I buy a bunch of small boxes for them, or just go with an oversized padded envelope? I've never shipped baseballs before (outside of ball cubes at least), and have no idea what the common way to package them would be.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
What i do, is I leave it in the cardboard box each individual ball came in, and wrad it in plain brown wrapping paper type stuff. Write the addresses in an wa-la!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The post office has free Priority Mail boxes (not the flat rate boxes) that will perfectly fit one ball, with solid padding around it.

They will probably stock them near or with the flat rate boxes and it sure beats having to buy your own. Plus, with the weight, Priority Mail will probably make the most sense.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
200lbhockeyplayer said:
The post office has free Priority Mail boxes (not the flat rate boxes) that will perfectly fit one ball, with solid padding around it.

They will probably stock them near or with the flat rate boxes and it sure beats having to buy your own. Plus, with the weight, Priority Mail will probably make the most sense.

A ball is only 5 oz, so you can get away on Paypal with 6 ounces, which costs me 2.26 with DC. I have shipped Balls in boxes, but also they fit in a large bubble mailer.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I know the boxes that are being referred to, but figured that people would be hesitant to pay that much for me to ship them Priority. It may be the best option though I guess.

Johan Santana 57 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

A ball is only 5 oz, so you can get away on Paypal with 6 ounces, which costs me 2.26 with DC. I have shipped Balls in boxes, but also they fit in a large bubble mailer.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Sean_C said:
I know the boxes that are being referred to, but figured that people would be hesitant to pay that much for me to ship them Priority. It may be the best option though I guess.

The 0-Box #4 is probably the one everyone is talking about: https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... y=10000002

It's what I use to ship baseballs. They are under a pound, so it is $5.25 ($5.15 online) to ship anywhere in the US via Priority Mail.

d

Members online

Latest posts