Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shill bidding?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

I'm no Ebay pro but it kind of seems fishy to me that I put in a max. bid of exactly $10.00 and suddenly there of 4 bids and the exact amount the auction is at is $10.00 Am I being paranoid or do I have just reason for concern?

If it's being shill bid I'm not paying it and will report the seller to Ebay. If enough of you think I am wrong and there is nothing to be concerned about of course I will complete the purchase (if I win).

Dec 10, 2008
not even close. and what the heck are you doing bidding so early? You probably could have won that auction for a little under $6 (if nobody else bids til the close) if you sniped it.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Looks shilled to me. All 4 bids by the same person ans pushed the price to exactly my max. bid. Of course I only bid what I was willing to pay (maximum) but nobody likes to be shill bid or feel they are being taken advantage of by a seller. Greed is a MF'er. This seller has been reported to EBay and won't be seeing a dime from me.

Dec 10, 2008
NYCrulesU said:
Looks shilled to me. All 4 bids by the same person ans pushed the price to exactly my max. bid. Of course I only bid what I was willing to pay (maximum) but nobody likes to be shill bid or feel they are being taken advantage of by a seller. Greed is a MF'er. This seller has been reported to EBay and won't be seeing a dime from me.

So now you're a shill bidding expert with all of (3) feedback? And your max bid was "exactly" a nice, round, $10. The underbidder tried to get it but also wasn't willing to pay more than $10. It wasn't shilled. Pay the seller.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts