Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bat barrel - fair price to pay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
I would be thinking that 300 would be the max realistically.. Raffy stuff doesn't sell high and I have seen 3 of the 09 Canseco sweet spot barrels all sell in the mid to high 300 range.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Thanks guys. Atleast I know I made a fair and realistic offer, even though if was shot down. I offered exactly $300. Seller won't take less than $600. I guess it'll be one of those Raffy cards I will do without. Unless the seller changes his mind in the future.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
The last two Will Clark's have sold for $500 and $600 each, so who knows. How many cray Raffy collectors are there? That will determine the price.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Same seller has a Walker (#'d/6) for the same price. Another seller has a Walker bat from the same set for $395 that has gone unsold for over 6 months. If the Walker was put in an auction it would get about $250. I would think the Rafi would be a little higher and being it is #'d/2 maybe $300-$350.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
VizquelCollector said:
NYCrulesU said:
Thanks guys. Atleast I know I made a fair and realistic offer, even though if was shot down. I offered exactly $300. Seller won't take less than $600. I guess it'll be one of those Raffy cards I will do without. Unless the seller changes his mind in the future.
I'd love to have this but $1K is just silly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-OMAR-VIZQUEL-S ... 2460wt_941
This guy just looks like another seller that goes around buying up high-end cards and holding them hostage.

I wouldn't think most of the barrels he has would get more than $3-400 at auction.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Why is he holding the cards "hostage"? Obviously he bought them at a steal and has them listed near where he feels they should close. This is the beauty with SP cards, barrels, buttons etc, if you want it pony up.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
George_Calfas said:
Why is he holding the cards "hostage"? Obviously he bought them at a steal and has them listed near where he feels they should close. This is the beauty with SP cards, barrels, buttons etc, if you want it pony up.

Exactly!

Shep

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
f2tornado said:
I sold my Torii Hunter 3/3 from the same set for $150. I'd start there.

And I sold my Tejada 3/4??(i think that was the number) from the same set for $450, so your logic is shot right there. Plus a 500 HR guy and Hunter are not even in the same league.

Shep

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
shepsspot said:
f2tornado said:
I sold my Torii Hunter 3/3 from the same set for $150. I'd start there.

And I sold my Tejada 3/4??(i think that was the number) from the same set for $450, so your logic is shot right there. Plus a 500 HR guy and Hunter are not even in the same league.

Shep

and i sold my arod 3/5 for $4800 a few years back so barrel prices are all over the board.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
True prices are all over the map. It's worth no more than $300 to me and that's that. Other thatn that the seller can keep it and I can certainly live without it. They're just cards. Nice to have, at the right price. Certainly not neccessities of life.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Brad said:
$300 should get you well into another game used bat

Exactly. My actual signed, game used Raffy bat cost me $170. I don't mind collecting cards but I definitely don't pay absurd prices for anything. There's a fair price for everything. If I don't get the item then oh well. LOL I love collectors that break the bank just to have something that will never hold that value. I prefer to pay what I WANT to pay, not what sellers want.

Members online

Latest posts