Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

One month later with Prospect Set Releases

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
How would you rank the 4 sets overall ? You can either state how many boxes you bought of each or rank them based best value that you received:

1. 08 BDP
2. 08 DEE
3. Razor
4. 08 Tristar

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Considering i've only bought Elite and Bowman Draft, I have to give a slight edge to Elite. More hits, and lower numbered autos. Granted I did pull a superfractor, but i've also pulled a 9/10 Hewitt Status auto, a 3/25 Calderon Status, Kalish, Guterrez 91/202, Olmos 19/100 diecut, and Veloz 15/100 diecut. Also more sleeper prospects that aren't in BCD, and i'm already trying to stock up on them.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
1. BDP
2. Elite. I am putting the autos sets together, I love it.

3. Razor a distant 3rd. Just don't care for them. The breaks them havn't been great.
Tri-star not even ranked.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I would say

2,1, 3, 4

Donruss Elite had slightly more value then the 08 BDP between the 3 boxes I opened of each due to the largers amount of inserts. I didn't have a hard time selling the base singles in a lot vs 08 BDP either.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I rank them like this:

1. BDP because Chrome is King and Chrome is licensed.
2. Razor because they have big players in there that can explode and they are locked up for 3 years
3. Tristar because they too have players that can explode
4. EEE because those sleepers can turn into losers very quickly and if you are paying 70-90 a box you want result immediately.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
jbone17 said:
I rank them like this:

1. BDP because Chrome is King and Chrome is licensed.
2. Razor because they have big players in there that can explode and they are locked up for 3 years
3. Tristar because they too have players that can explode
4. EEE because those sleepers can turn into losers very quickly and if you are paying 70-90 a box you want result immediately.

do any of these really give you an immediate results?

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Yes, because if you pull a Posey X and higher you can flip that now nicely in which if you pull a sleeper in EEE, you will have a better result. There are way more duds in EEE than Draft.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
cgilmo said:
so

razor?

mission accomplished? Can we quit talking like I am off my rocker for supporting these guys?

Personally, I wont break any more razor, but it is a buyers market for singles, that's a fact. I am interested to see what happens next year when one of the exclusives blows up and what the cards do. If they skyrocket, then we are talking about a winner. If they don't, then I think the product line will suffer moving forward.

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
ballerskrip said:
cgilmo said:
so

razor?

mission accomplished? Can we quit talking like I am off my rocker for supporting these guys?

Personally, I wont break any more razor, but it is a buyers market for singles, that's a fact. I am interested to see what happens next year when one of the exclusives blows up and what the cards do. If they skyrocket, then we are talking about a winner. If they don't, then I think the product line will suffer moving forward.

Agree. I busted 17 boxes. Put together a few sets that I will put away. Gave one to the grandson for Christmas as well. Finished my auto exclusives set. Almost there for exclusive #2 set now that I got 2nd Lawrie SP. Might even go for one of each regular #ed auto. Not going to try to do the /5, /25 or duals.

Way too early to call Razor a success yet. It depends on what happens in next couple of years. So far it has made a splash in the industry based on the cases being sold out but like I said, still need to see what happens in next few years. Also, need to see what happens with the exclusivity and also whether or not player contracts gets sold.
When many of the /5 of a product sells for the price of 2-3 packs (about $10 SRP) that really makes me wonder. I am scooping up the cheap autos that can be had for under a few bucks.

I think I am a singles person from here on out.

Did not open any EEE or Tristar so unfair for me to rank those.

My 3 BDP boxes opened were decent (autos = Flores redemption, Chisenhall, Collier ref). Have couple more that I will leave unopened.

Members online

Latest posts