Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just a little something to say

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I like Adam Dunn. There, something baseball related. Now on to my real post.

There has been a lot going on about the poll that Upper Deck is running for Best Online Community. If you haven’t voted yet, please do. If you have already voted, thank you.

When this started, I wanted to win. I thought it would be great for our community to be recognized for how great it is. FCB is my favorite site, hands down. I look forward to logging on everyday and shooting the bull with all of you. There are so many things I enjoy about this site. There is a wealth of knowledge, generosity, and great banter here.

No matter how voting ends on 5 April, FCB will still be here. All of us will log back in. Life will go on business as usual. The most important thing is that Upper Deck Award or not, this is still the best community around. We are constantly growing and improving. FCB is getting better and stronger everyday. All of you, all of our board members, are what make this community so great.

Sorry for taking up your time. Just a little something I wanted to say. Thank you to Chris and John, the Mod/Admin staff, and all of you for making FCB great!

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Dont need an award by UD to know this place is the best card forum around!

Soon it will be like the old BMB, but better!

Love it here.

Thanks for everyone behind the scenes who make it possible!

while some on fcb and i don't always see eye to eye on political threads and social issues i respect and enjoy everyones collections and cardboard wisdom. there is a wealth of knowledge here that i have yet to witness on the many other sites i slink behind the scenes on. if i listed everyone who has answered a question for me, pointed me to an auction i needed, sent me cards to fill holes in my collection, or just put forth a different way of looking at certain card aspects i would need a few pages... :) and please don't take this as a swipe at the mod/admins but the reason they shine so brightly is because the members here make it easy!

i remember when the mass migration from beckett to bmb and all of the topics flying up left and right and people just acting a fool. the feeling i had then was pure excitement... to be honest i get that most days when reading a post on fcb! i take great pride in being a member here and even greater pride in having made a few top notch connections that i value outside the realm of cardboard!

is it late for pancakes?

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
notjomommasclint said:
while some on fcb and i don't always see eye to eye on political threads and social issues i respect and enjoy everyones collections and cardboard wisdom. there is a wealth of knowledge here that i have yet to witness on the many other sites i slink behind the scenes on. if i listed everyone who has answered a question for me, pointed me to an auction i needed, sent me cards to fill holes in my collection, or just put forth a different way of looking at certain card aspects i would need a few pages... :) and please don't take this as a swipe at the mod/admins but the reason they shine so brightly is because the members here make it easy!

i remember when the mass migration from beckett to bmb and all of the topics flying up left and right and people just acting a fool. the feeling i had then was pure excitement... to be honest i get that most days when reading a post on fcb! i take great pride in being a member here and even greater pride in having made a few top notch connections that i value outside the realm of cardboard!

is it late for pancakes?

make Charlie Murphy some pancakes

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
AKT74 said:
notjomommasclint said:

is it late for pancakes?

make Charlie Murphy some pancakes
game ..... blouses

Ditto everything said in the OP.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
muskiesfan said:

There has been a lot going on about the poll that Upper Deck is running for Best Online Community. If you haven’t voted yet, please do. If you have already voted, thank you.

When this started, I wanted to win. I thought it would be great for our community to be recognized for how great it is. FCB is my favorite site, hands down. I look forward to logging on everyday and shooting the bull with all of you. There are so many things I enjoy about this site. There is a wealth of knowledge, generosity, and great banter here.

No matter how voting ends on 5 April, FCB will still be here. All of us will log back in. Life will go on business as usual. The most important thing is that Upper Deck Award or not, this is still the best community around. We are constantly growing and improving. FCB is getting better and stronger everyday. All of you, all of our board members, are what make this community so great.

Sorry for taking up your time. Just a little something I wanted to say. Thank you to Chris and John, the Mod/Admin staff, and all of you for making FCB great!

Well said. Just a little history but at the end of BMB, i was basically out of the hobby only coming on to talk baseball. Not to blame BMB but the mods over there, not all of them, basically were a clique and protected those they were friends. When I became a mod here, basically my only contact with gilmo was arguments in prospect threads. I became a mod by simply asking if there were going to be trade mods and he said if i wanted to be, I was. Even now we probably disagree more than we agree.

:lol:

Regardless of how the vote comes out, it wont change anything. I will still come here to discuss the hobby i love with those who would like to or i'll engage in pointless political debate on the OT boards and i'll enjoy many of the amazing people we have here. Reading the MT is a great way to start the day and sometimes end one. Gilmo has worked hard on this and has taken alot of personal risk to make this happen. His hard work has been rewarded by an awesome group of members who make this place great. Nothing they say on SCF or any other site is going to change that.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
muskiesfan said:

+1,000! Well said, Joe!

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
no award can recognize what makes this place the best community in the card collecting hobby. The reason this place is the best is in the quality of the members and the wealth of knowledge available as a result. There are quite a few dedicated player collectors here (lifers) and a wealth of newer generation collectors and prospectors as well. All the bases are covered in the baseball arena. The only thing this website stands to gain is more exposure from the poll and possibly a migration of quality collectors for the other sports boards. if you look for more than just trading out of a cardboard forum this is where you come hands down!

Members online

Latest posts