Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you guys like to see green refractors back in bowman?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
They were in 08 football and looked good why not bring them back for baseball? The reason I bring this up is because I Was looking to buy some michael stanton and an x is like 110-120$ and then blues are like 215 or more and really nothing falls inbetween. Anyone else feel this way?

Also I think black refractors would look VERY sharp

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I'd like to see an inverted card except for the player image if you can picture that from the scan below, signed in Gold Ink numbered to 25 instead of the orange.

Bmyo3ImkKGrHqMH-EUEtrC1HGc6BLg9C-1.jpg

Or maybe something crazy like this while keeping the player photo normal, logos, and name.

bam.jpg

I just want to see something black with gold ink.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
Not a fan of the inverted but look at how nice a black Xfractor looks WOW! can you do one plane but just a black border?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
MarlinsManiac20 said:
Not a fan of the inverted but look at how nice a black Xfractor looks WOW! can you do one plane but just a black border?

I'm going to try and do the inverted look but keep the player image and logo normal. I suck at editing pics by the way.

MatzekNice.jpg

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I may be in the minority, but I wasn't a big fan of the purples. I would rather have seen green refractors.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
Wow if you could see the border on the matzek it would be super sharp! And yes Id rather have greens replace xfractors in bowman and /250

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
bballcardkid said:
I'd like to see an inverted card except for the player image if you can picture that from the scan below, signed in Gold Ink numbered to 25 instead of the orange.

Bmyo3ImkKGrHqMH-EUEtrC1HGc6BLg9Cbe5.jpg

Or maybe something crazy like this while keeping the player photo normal, logos, and name.

bam.jpg

I just want to see something black with gold ink.

I love the way you think. Black with gold ink, or black with silver metallic ink would look great.

Ant

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I'm not a huge fan of the purples, especially because we have no clue on the PR, and the market doesn't really know how to react to them. I think a green refractor would work, even better if they could be through thepit or some other source, through redemptions that you could redeem and get your card right away

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
This one is a winner. I still can't crop out the picture of just Matzek and the logos without having it be a box ::facepalm::

MatzekKickAss.jpg

This could be nice if the white background were just a refractor white background. Basically, have a Chrome card showing just the player with a refractory background. Player shots with no background has never been done in a Chrome product.

MatzekInvertedWhite.jpg

Bowman Chromie

Nov 18, 2008
Topps just need to figure out what they're gonna do and leave it. In 2010 they're getting rid of x-fractors and increasing the print run of blue refractors, thus devaluing them. They should have just replaced the x-fractors with green refractors or purple. I'm sick of them always messing with the print run on all these parallels...and the numbering should be consistent through all their brands of Bowman.

I say bring back the International refractors!

99_bow_intntl_ref250.jpg

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I think either the orange or gold could be tossed. They don't look THAT different from each other. Green would be nice but if the orange was tossed, the black would be a good one to throw in there alongside the gold.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I love the green refractors. I wish they would have kept thepit.com green refractor program up. Can you imagine if thepit had Heyward, Stanton, Lincecum, etc green refractors? The site would be rocking and rolling.

I've got quite a pile of green refractors. My favorite parallel by far. They look amazing in person.

Members online

Latest posts