Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why is FCB the best Message Board?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
What does FCB offer you that you don't see elsewhere?

Best 90s inserts thread
Best mailday thread
Best ebay advice
Best social community for baseball cards

What's in it for you?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Re: Why is FCBS the best ?

Nothing but admiration for those selfless enough to help out their fellow collectors, or rally for a cause to help someone celebrate an an important event in their lives.

I'm sure it does happen elsewhere, I just experience it here...

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States

For me its the folks I get to chat with on a daily basis. I'm sure there are quality folks on every site but this site is the one for me. I continue to be amazed by the selfless acts I see on a daily basis.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

It's the quickest board I have ever been on. I guess the BMB was similar in that aspect, but FCB is much better overall. This is the only board I frequent that gets responses and views to threads in such large numbers so fast. It's great. It's a "real-time" message board that people are actually on and a part of.

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country

As an old BMB user, the thing I loved more than anything was the "family" that I talked to on an almost everyday basis. And when I left there, i missed those interactions. And while not everyone has migrated over here that I used to BS with all the time, I have started to do the same here with some new (to me) folks.

PLUS, i will cite what Dan and Tim did, the generosity on this site is just second to none. What collecting should be about.

PLUS, I love watching box breaks....

PLUS, I love the hot list (no really! I do!)

PLUS, where else can I learn about jesus Montero, and how much his orange refractor goes for.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008

sportscardtheory said:
It's the quickest board I have ever been on. I guess the BMB was similar in that aspect, but FCB is much better overall. This is the only board I frequent that gets responses and views to threads in such large numbers so fast. It's great. It's a "real-time" message board that people are actually on and a part of.

+1

I also like showing off my cool cards (I took a look at SCF and don't see hardly any of that compared to here)...
3ss.jpg

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL

I really like the open forums. The fact that you can post a pic in ANY thread is a major plus as well. The help here is swift and most of the time backed up with facts instead of guesses. Trading is a breeze here as well. Only thing I could think of would be a trade manager, but I thought I read a while back that there could be one in the future.

Being able to ask questions about anything and usually get 2 or 3 responses very quickly has been a great help many times. This community is great because it is just that, a trading community. I have an account on SCF, but I hardly ever go there anymore once I was turned on to FCB. I just don't have any reason to go there anymore. I have actually brought a few people over here and about to bring another one over that is really big into football, which will help the football boards here.

I am just overall more comfortable and satisfied with FCB. Great job to all that are involved in making this site the best in the business.

~AJ

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly

Since knowledge is plentiful and everyone is a true collector, very, very, very few threads go off topic or get into screaming matches.

And the word Freedom isn't just in the title. If you get suspended/banned you earned it.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Viva la Morning Thread!

I also love the fact that someone can post a picture of four fat slobs in bikinis, but the Upper Brass'll be damned if someone post pics of beautiful women in bikinis.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008

The members, hands down.

Anyone can stick a pole in the sand and give space to gather, but it's who actually gathers that will decide if it's a circle jerk or a topless, open bar, beach party. Sure, the type of forum provided enhances or detracts from the member expierence, but it's 99% the members who make or break o forum.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky

90s and prospects.

Trading Card Central will always be my "home" (it was my first forum and I've forged great relationships with some members there), but no site has the knowledge of prospects and 90s inserts like FCB.

FCB has a great group of members as well. Also, you can speak your mind (even about the staff here) without fear of getting banned.

1. the continuity - i have many online memories supplied by members with the same name on the old beckett.

2. the ownership factor - not that i feel i own the place but being here since the beginning allows for a little more pride.

3. the knowledge - there are not many questions about cardboard that cannot be answered here. politics... well :lol:

4. the kindness - some of the members with the most amazing collections go out of their way to help others build their collections. we also have members whose collections have a ways to go to becoming what they want who will sacrifice what they have to help!

5. the mod staff - they place petty beefs aside. they allow us to speak our mind and refrain from using the hammer of suspension. now if they are ever wrong they will let us know! ;)

6. we are active - our members post! we dont have half a bagillion members but the ones we do have are active and are not afraid to give their input.

7. da kittehs

Latest posts