Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

4 years in the making, Jesus Montero 1/1 RC Auto Quadrilogy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I know not everyone enjoys minor league cards, and i know many don't understand or collect JUST products, but this has been a grail quest for me for 4 years.

Every since i first read about this man-child from Guacara, Venezuela in Baseball America back in early 2006, thru the July signing period, and his reduced bonus under mysterious negotiations....I was hooked.

"He has Travis Hafner's body......and that's not a compliment" said one scout about the 16 year old bohemoth.

He has the hitting ability of Miguel Cabrera, and if he works on his defense, could be passable as a major league catcher?.......and he's gonna play in New York City??????

I had to have his cards, but when would they be released?

2008 DECEMBER???? No i couldn't wait that long. (And we all know we had to wait till Easter of 2009 for them to actually start to be mailed out).

I found 2006 JUST. His FIRST autograph.

These are his FIRST ever autographs and ALL FOUR of the 1/1 versions.

BLACK

SILVER

GOLD

WHITE

I just completed the set with the white by paying 3 times what i paid for any of the other ones, and i dont even care.

This was a PERSONAL collection goal and i'm just so happy. Enjoy and i hope you all find that card you've been looking for.

Oh and thanks to those who helped counseled me on the white purchase. I ended up contacting JUST thru their website and they confirmed this was in fact the missing white 1/1. I'm keeping that email :)

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
aaron41984 said:
Nice! Those autos look so much nicer than his later 'graphs!

yankees23657 said:
That is awesome! You definitely have his better signature!

justwar said:
'Them so pimp, they are rediculous'

hail2thevictors said:
Those sigs are flat out SICK! Congrats!

Thanks so much for checking them out, it really is nice to have his FULL signature, that probably won't ever be part of his autograph again. I just love the look of these cards with the full bleed no border card. Wondering if i should slab them for protection, plus it would be neat to have them recognized on the slab as the 1/1 set. I think they used to do stuff like that.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Even the Nasty Boys think that this accomplishment is "NASTY" !!!!

nastyboys.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
That is really sweet and I could definitely see that (if you choose to sell) bringing a real nice return.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Well Played John, well played!

Topnotchsy said:
That is really sweet and I could definitely see that (if you choose to sell) bringing a real nice return.

Thanks for all the well wishes, this is easily the most excited i've been about a card goal in a long time.

I truly hope i'm not put in a position where i'd even consider selling these. These will be in the Mudcats Personal Hall of Awesome for as long as i can hang onto them. Although i see your point when you look at what the Tristar Heyward 1/1 went for and that wasn't even an earlier card than his Elite And Sterling Autos.

All those chrome refractors however, i don't REALLY need 15 of em. That's just hoarding :)

Members online

Latest posts