Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Not happy at all! (Rant about 2010 Becket Annual)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

So I bought the 2010 Beckett Annual today so that I could get a reign on my Pacific collection.

I paid $35 for this damn magazine and was very excited to open it and get started sorting stuff....

BUT THERE ISN'T ANY PACIFIC LISTED, PRICED, OR CATALOGED!

This is crap and I have already sent the following message to Beckett via their website:

Good Day.

I am an avid collector of Pacific baseball products from 1995 to 2001. I am working at organizing my collection.

In order to help me catalog my cards and to see which ones I still need, I spent $35 on a 2010 Becket Baseball Annual price guide in order to have a comprehensive checklist of Pacific products.

I have been a fan of Beckett for over 15 years and was very excited to add this volume to my collecting tools until...

I opened the magazine and found that the only "cataloging" that you have for ANY Pacific brand is 1995 to 2001 Pacific base sets. No Crown Royale, Paramount, Private Stock. NOTHING!!!!!!

Since Pacific is the only thing I collect, this $30 "catalog" is nothing more than an expensive paperweight.

Please advise how your company is going to make this right as I have no intentions of keeping this book since it helps me in no way.

Thank you.

Eddie Pierson

I WILL NOT LAY DOWN ON THIS!

Beckett cannot claim to be the "leading hobby publication" and completely omit a company that was as innovative as Pacific.

Sorry, just hate wasting money on a piece of crap book.

Jul 30, 2009
I cant even start to think why Pacific stuff wouldnt be in the book. Afterall, many are listed in the monthly one.

I can only assume it was an error on their part.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
If so kinda a big error, doesn't give a lot of confidence for everything else :?

011873 said:
I cant even start to think why Pacific stuff wouldnt be in the book. Afterall, many are listed in the monthly one.

I can only assume it was an error on their part.

rob167

Aug 7, 2008
Ankeny, Iowa
eddie, bring it with you to the next legion show and i will buy it from you. i am not sure how old the one that i currently have is, but i will give it to you if you want it.

***edited to add***

the book that i have is NOT the beckett almanac, but is the SCD 2007 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards. if you have no interest in it, i won't be offended (but i will still buy the beckett catalog from you).

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
rob167 said:
eddie, bring it with you to the next legion show and i will buy it from you. i am not sure how old the one that i currently have is, but i will give it to you if you want it.

Great gesture. I am in no way tied to the situation, but still applaud your efforts.

Ant

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
beckett is one giant add from cover to cover. even their pricing part is an add. an add of how paid/not paid they get by the company.
notice how they will accidentally forget pacific, but not topps

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
ROB YOU'RE THE FREAKIN' BEST!

Bring the magazine and we can work something out.

Still doesn't excuse that fact that beckett is a piece of ****

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I hate the mag. Absolute morons working there. They all have ZERO clue about the hobby ...

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
I've had the same problem for 5 years now with both Beckett and the Standard Catalog. Both have stopped putting in all the Brewers oddball team issued items. That is what I used to buy the books for. I've coresponded with both in the past and was basically told that there is only so much room in the books to keep them at a certain price point that makes it viable for sale.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
I hate the mag. Absolute morons working there. They all have ZERO clue about the hobby ...

Wow, morons? No clue about the hobby? It makes you wonder how a company like that can stay in business for 30 years. Sometimes I think people that make statements like yours don't think before they type.

WJCIII said:
55_marlins_sp said:

Wow, morons? No clue about the hobby? It makes you wonder how a company like that can stay in business for 30 years. Sometimes I think people that make statements like yours don't think before they type.

you both make valid points in your agruments

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
WJCIII said:
55_marlins_sp said:

its because the magazine seems so valid. the average joes dont see that they are trying to control the market instead of report it.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
WJCIII said:
55_marlins_sp said:

If they don't change things, they won't be around for 5 more.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
justinmandawg said:
WJCIII said:
55_marlins_sp said:

If they don't change things, they won't be around for 5 more.

I usually agree with your opinions, but people have been saying this for a decade. What changes do you think they should make?

Members online

Latest posts