Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Hobby $100 box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
You know, I dont think its crazy to even think that 2010 Bowman could hit $100 per HOBBY box after its released.

Think about it, EVERYTHING Topps has released this year is selling very high, even Opening Day.
Every product can be debated on if its worth the going rate depending on what you like and collect but theres no doubting the fact that this years Bowman is the best ever on paper.

So with that in mind and with the fact that collectors are aching for stuff to open since theres so little out there (see "case prices are silly" thread), I can imagine this years wax going to $100 a box, especially after people see the crazy prices Stras, Heyward and Harper and their friends come out at.

Oh, also keep in mind that 2010 Topps Hobby boxes are selling for EIGHTY DOLLARS A BOX.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
This is a very interesting thought, and I don't disagree with you. I could see it getting up there around the $100 per hobby box range. It sounds like a crazy thought, but who would have ever thought Topps series 1 would be where it is, like you noted?

I know I have the itch to rip some stuff, and I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same boat. This all just makes me wonder whether I should even rip the cases I have coming...

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
$60 a box
some at least feel fine if they get a decent auto and a decent parallel

at $100 per box --- good luck

basically, if not locked in early like some of us, then why bust -- just buy singles (unless of course you bust for the fun of it....then just bust 87 topps)

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I certainly don't see value in jumbo cases at 1K. You are going to have to hit a monster parallel or a Heyward/Stras to do well right away. I'm at two jumbos under $800 each and I'd rather bust than try to make $100 or so on each by just selling them.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
Only reason Topps boxes are going so high is the inclusion of the Million Card Giveaway redemptions. These redemptions sell for $3-4 a piece at auction and large lots sometimes get more. if not for this promotion, Topps hobby boxes would be back in the 40's as in previous years.

Members online

Latest posts