Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dayummm!......what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
It's getting harder and harder for me to want to break my 2010 Bowman Jumbo case when it arrives. Paid 750 for it a few weeks ago.

And now?

Blowout is now asking $930 per 12-box Hobby case, and $1135 per 8-box Jumbo case.

They were $100 cheaper on Jumbos this morning, FYI. Clearly, this stuff is flying.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
It's getting harder and harder for me to want to break my 2010 Bowman Jumbo case when it arrives. Paid 750 for it a few weeks ago.

And now?

Blowout is now asking $930 per 12-box Hobby case, and $1135 per 8-box Jumbo case.

They were $100 cheaper on Jumbos this morning, FYI. Clearly, this stuff is flying.

I wouldn't worry much about what Blowout is asking.

You could probably get 950 for it on ebay...less roughly 10% in ebay and paypal fees leaves you with $855 or a $105 profit. That's a lot different than the nearly $400 it looks like you'd get by quoting the Blowout price.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
My local dealer bought multiple cases across multiple price levels.

And I am thinking if the average price for customers is $925-1000 range (for jumbos), then unless you hit a lot of nice hits, or people blow up, the case is not worth it at that price point.

Now my prepurchased case from BO at the original price is well worth it.

Not to hijack your thread Jaypers, but I do not think its a wise bust over $950, do you agree?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
The way I see it, there are two ways to think about it:

1. If you're all about profit, then it should be an easy flip for you to sell the case and make ~$400. It is unlikely that you will pull over $1135 in value if you were to break it, so the best bet from a monetary standpoint would be to take the guaranteed profit by moving the sealed case.

2. If you're not only worried about profit (and if you're buying wax, I can't imagine you are ONLY concerned with profit), then bust it. The reason people buy wax is for the fun of opening it and the 'chase' aspect of hoping to pull a monster hit. If they are selling for $1135 and you got in for $750, just think about it with the mindset that you are already about $400 ahead of anyone who buys a case from this point forward. You may not make as much money, but it will be fun, you have a shot to sell during the initial product hype period and who knows, maybe you will pull that monster card.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Sell your current case at current rate. Net your $400 profit.

Take that and put it towards another case. Costing you $575 out of pocket.

Bust that case for profit.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ljw29 said:
Not to hijack your thread Jaypers, but I do not think its a wise bust over $950, do you agree?

I would really like to see a finalized checklist before I decide for certain.

I can understand the concept of attempting to artificially inflate the market by raising prices, but wouldn't you have to lower it again after no one bit? To my knowledge, Blowout has yet to do so. It just keeps going up every day with no signs of depreciation. Which makes me wonder if he's actually selling them higher than eBay realized prices.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Jaypers said:
ljw29 said:

I would really like to see a finalized checklist before I decide for certain.

I can understand the concept of attempting to artificially inflate the market by raising prices, but wouldn't you have to lower it again after no one bit? To my knowledge, Blowout has yet to do so. It just keeps going up every day with no signs of depreciation. Which makes me wonder if he's actually selling them higher than eBay realized prices.

I know of two people that have bought multiple Jumbos from him over $1000 because they trust him more than Ebay and other sellers, and you could show them Atlanta's link all day and they would skip it

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
bradical said:

No way he nets a $400 profit on it.

Your math seems a little odd, as I see it...

- 750 initial cost to JP
+ 1000 net sale
- 1000 buys new case

His case still cost him $750...

For your math to work
- JP buys at $750
+ JP sells at net $1150
- JP buys a new case at $975

So we are assuming he could sell at $1150 net of all fees and buy at $975 net of all shipping, in which case, he should just do that as many times as he can, forgetting busting, the math above is more realistic.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I just saw that and was shocked.
Its at $145 a box. :eek:

Good luck with whatever you choose. Personally if I bought it to open, I'd still probably do that and feel good that I got it at that price. Though I like to open products, if I was looking mostly at what could bring the best profit - then yeah it would seem a good idea to simply try to flip the case quick.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
masonphillip said:
bradical said:

- 750 initial cost to JP
+ 1000 net sale
- 1000 buys new case

For your math to work
- JP buys at $750
+ JP sells at net $1150

So we are assuming he could sell at $1150 net of all fees and buy at $975 net of all shipping, in which case, he should just do that as many times as he can, forgetting busting, the math above is more realistic.

Blowout has them at 1134.99 right now, so assuming that is the current rate, if a person bought in at 750, they have netted a profit of $385. Yea, I am sure there are sellers fees, etc. but I am just going baseline math.

My scenario was more off if the market was based solely on Blowout's prices.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
bradical said:
masonphillip said:
bradical said:

- 750 initial cost to JP
+ 1000 net sale
- 1000 buys new case

For your math to work
- JP buys at $750
+ JP sells at net $1150

Blowout has them at 1134.99 right now, so assuming that is the current rate, if a person bought in at 750, they have netted a profit of $385. Yea, I am sure there are sellers fees, etc. but I am just going baseline math.

Right so:

Transaction 1: Buy at $750
Transaction 2: Sell at $1135 Note: Net profit $385
Transaction 3: Buy at $1135

He's still out of pocket $750 any way you look at it.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I contacted Big T's and they said they are not selling anymore right now.
He said the product is too volatile right now to sell.
He asked me what I was willing to pay and I told him there was another site selling them for $950, he told me I should jump on it at that price.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
masonphillip said:
bradical said:
masonphillip said:
bradical said:

- 750 initial cost to JP
+ 1000 net sale
- 1000 buys new case

For your math to work
- JP buys at $750
+ JP sells at net $1150

Right so:

I'm missing the part where he has to buy another case. Why couldn't he just sell for a profit and not buy another case?

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
masonphillip said:
Right so:

I posted that ATL had the cases for $950, that's where the flip came in. They seem to be cheaper right now.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:
My local dealer bought multiple cases across multiple price levels.

And I am thinking if the average price for customers is $925-1000 range (for jumbos), then unless you hit a lot of nice hits, or people blow up, the case is not worth it at that price point.

Now my prepurchased case from BO at the original price is well worth it.

I know that, for me personally, this is not a break at this price point. I was planning on ~15 cases at $735 or under per Jumbo case but now I will just be sticking to singles.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Buynhisellnlow said:
masonphillip said:
bradical said:
masonphillip said:
bradical said:

- 750 initial cost to JP
+ 1000 net sale
- 1000 buys new case

For your math to work
- JP buys at $750
+ JP sells at net $1150

Right so:

I'm missing the part where he has to buy another case. Why couldn't he just sell for a profit and not buy another case?

Bradical said: "take that and put it towards another case. Costing you $575 out of pocket"

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Buynhisellnlow said:
masonphillip said:
bradical said:
masonphillip said:
[quote="bradical":e6yj562s]Sell your current case at current rate. Net your $400 profit.

- 750 initial cost to JP
+ 1000 net sale
- 1000 buys new case

For your math to work
- JP buys at $750
+ JP sells at net $1150

Right so:

Yep...and you can rarely ever sell it at what blowout is selling it for.

Bradical said: "take that and put it towards another case. Costing you $575 out of pocket"[/quote:e6yj562s]

right, however, if you can flip it for 200-400 profit (find a buyer on FCB etc.) I think you have too.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
if you can sell and end up 300-400 profit, personally I would do it. Then, using that money, just buy the cards you want from the set. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Members online

Latest posts