Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hot Sheet Predictions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I'm thinking either Eric Hosmer or Mike Trout will take the # 1 spot tomorrow.

Other names likely to make it in some capacity, in no particular order, are:

Lars Anderson
Grant Green
Starlin Castro
Wilmer Flores
Will Middlebrooks
Andrew Lambo
Justin Smoak
Mike Montgomery
Andrew Cashner
Christian Friedrich
Jarred Cosart
Matt Hobgood
Nick Hagadone
Brayan Villareal
Stephen Strasburg
Garrett Richards
Jeremy Hellickson
Joe Wieland

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Lucroy. If there's no Lucroy after his promotion and the way he was hitting, that screw that place...

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So would buying Trout now be a bad time to buy since his prices are going to inflate if he makes the hot sheet?

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Very nice pointing out Brayan Villareal, the Tigers starter at High A ball.

He gets really no love from anywhere, but had a nice year last year in Low A, and this past week was as good as it gets:

11 1/3, 4 hits, 2 bb's, 2 ER, 18 K, and a 2-0 record. I can't imagine 10 better performances, but we shall see.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
hail2thevictors said:

He gets really no love from anywhere, but had a nice year last year in Low A, and this past week was as good as it gets:

11 1/3, 4 hits, 2 bb's, 2 ER, 18 K, and a 2-0 record. I can't imagine 10 better performances, but we shall see.

Based solely on performance he'd be a lock, but BA is well known for giving higher ceiling prospects the nod.

I'd be happy to see him make the Team Photo.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Jaypers said:
hail2thevictors said:

Based solely on performance he'd be a lock, but BA is well known for giving higher ceiling prospects the nod.

Upside and potential weigh quite a bit on the Hot Sheet or I would think Cord Phelps would get the nod. Geez, that guy is killin it.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ben just reminded me that Aaron Hicks actually has a case to make the Hot Sheet.

Dude is 9 for his last 18.

MichaelStanton2010

Feb 14, 2010
Jaypers said:
hail2thevictors said:

Great #'s but he is almost 23 in A ball...wont even make team photo due to this IMO

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Weimer said:
So would buying Trout now be a bad time to buy since his prices are going to inflate if he makes the hot sheet?

I think the idea that a BA Hot Sheet appearance automatically inflates a player's prices is a highly overrated concept which simply isn't as true as it used to be. There are so many people trying their hand at prospecting right now that it's virtually impossible for guys to go completely unnoticed until they make a hot sheet, and although it can influence prices, it is far from a certainty.

To answer your question, I don't think prices will be influenced much since so many people are already all over Trout cards.

That said, I'm not sure I would be buying Trout right now anyway. Guy has shown zero power so far and the homerun is the greatest moneymaker in the prospecting business. Not that he won't be good or provide an opportunity for profitable card-flipping, but there's a reason why guys like Julio Borbon and Ben Revere, who are very talented but don't have power, never saw the price spikes that other players have seen.

And all THAT said, I'm in no hurry to move the ref auto I pulled of Mr. Trout :cool:

TroutRef.jpg

Members online

Latest posts