Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Got quite the interesting message on ebay this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Looks like someone needed to vent. I found it quite interesting and funny.

auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123

"update your stats had another hr last night and now hitting .411! Just helping you out buddy! GUYS A BEAST! And moron from BECKETT dropped his card last month?? I wrote to him and asked cause he is hurt (missed first few weeks, you drop his card?) Brian Fleischer, i belive the editor? Repsonds sayin didnt know he was hurt? WOW? I have wirrtten to CHRIS OLDS THE BIG SHOT OF BECKETT MANY TIMES OVER THE YRS AND TOLD HIM YOU HAVE A GUY GIVIN OUT CARDS WORTH AND HE DONT EVEN KNOW GUYS ARE HURT? SO YOU NO ISNT READING HIS STATS IN MINORS THEN? CAUSE HE WOULD HAVE SEEN, RIGHT? OLDS WAS PISSED, HA AND SAID HE WOULD HAVE A TALK WITH HIM! HAHA! BEEN COLLECTING HIS CARDS SINCE 07! WILL BE R.O.Y,. NEXT YR! BUT YOU GOTTA GUY WORKIN FOR BECKETT AND DONT EVEN KNOW THE HEALTH OF PLAYERS? INCREDIBLE? TOLD HIM THANKS FOR GETTIN ME GOOD DEALS ON HIS CARDS AT LEAST? BUT GOOD TO KNOW "REAL" FANS KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING? LIKE YOU! UNLIKE THAT IDIOT FLIESCHER? BUT YA HIT 5TH HR LAST NIGHT! TAKE CARE BUDDY!"

Man, I'd never put this much effort into something for someone I don't know but it's nice to get something interesting every once in a while. Oh and moustakas is on quite the hot streak since his return. :D

marterburn

bear0555 said:
Looks like someone needed to vent. I found it quite interesting and funny.

auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123

"update your stats had another hr last night and now hitting .411! Just helping you out buddy! GUYS A BEAST! And moron from BECKETT dropped his card last month?? I wrote to him and asked cause he is hurt (missed first few weeks, you drop his card?) Brian Fleischer, i belive the editor? Repsonds sayin didnt know he was hurt? WOW? I have wirrtten to CHRIS OLDS THE BIG SHOT OF BECKETT MANY TIMES OVER THE YRS AND TOLD HIM YOU HAVE A GUY GIVIN OUT CARDS WORTH AND HE DONT EVEN KNOW GUYS ARE HURT? SO YOU NO ISNT READING HIS STATS IN MINORS THEN? CAUSE HE WOULD HAVE SEEN, RIGHT? OLDS WAS PISSED, HA AND SAID HE WOULD HAVE A TALK WITH HIM! HAHA! BEEN COLLECTING HIS CARDS SINCE 07! WILL BE R.O.Y,. NEXT YR! BUT YOU GOTTA GUY WORKIN FOR BECKETT AND DONT EVEN KNOW THE HEALTH OF PLAYERS? INCREDIBLE? TOLD HIM THANKS FOR GETTIN ME GOOD DEALS ON HIS CARDS AT LEAST? BUT GOOD TO KNOW "REAL" FANS KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING? LIKE YOU! UNLIKE THAT IDIOT FLIESCHER? BUT YA HIT 5TH HR LAST NIGHT! TAKE CARE BUDDY!"

Man, I'd never put this much effort into something for someone I don't know but it's nice to get something interesting every once in a while. Oh and moustakas is on quite the hot streak since his return. :D

well, all that steam's gotta go somewhere, right! :lol:

people are gonna feel how they feel, but the folks at beckett are specialized in different things. They're expected to know everything, but it's never the case. They are after all, just fans like us.

I didn't know Mous was hurt either until a few days before he started playing. Either that or I did and pushed it out of my mind because I knew it was only a minor injury.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Funny stuff

Good thing I have (6) of those BGS 9.5 autos :)

and one sold about 10 days ago for $21 which I forgot to bid on. Obviously all his stuff is jumpin now

skrip

marterburn

All I have is this guy; and I don't need to move it right now:

moose95.jpg

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Haha, you should reply telling him that Moose hit his 6th HR today.

That's a pretty funny message, though. A relief from those complaining customers, at least, and a good laugh.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I have a "few" Moose Elites and I'm glad to see that he's garnering some attention. If he makes number 1 on the hot list this week, I think we'll continue to see his cards rise a bit.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
marterburn said:
people are gonna feel how they feel, but the folks at beckett are specialized in different things. They're expected to know everything, but it's never the case. They are after all, just fans like us.

I didn't know Mous was hurt either until a few days before he started playing. Either that or I did and pushed it out of my mind because I knew it was only a minor injury.

Yeah but we aren't pricing a magazine. They are.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
cgilmo said:
IMHO, it isn't beckett's job to know why a card reacts. It's their job to notice the market reaction and chronicle it.
Which they do a terrible job of....

The whole idea of the OPG was to keep "prices" real time and up to date. Jsut saying, if Austin Jackson's stuff is selling for more than BV now, it might be safe to give it the up arrow and re-evaluate right?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
IMHO, it isn't beckett's job to know why a card reacts. It's their job to notice the market reaction and chronicle it.

Uh...they damn well better know why a card reacts the way it does. Otherwise...how could they even accurately account for the prices of anything. Kind of like the problem now. Like others have said, they are behind because they follow already outed info. If they could get their heads out into the sunshine and realize why things happen, they could be a better price guide and more up to date.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I get the feeling their grading service is what keeps them afloat now. And I think their graders do a good job overall - at least on my submissions it seems that way.

Members online

Latest posts