Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MIKE STANTON---TO CALL OR NOT TO CALL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Hey guys....what does everyone think will happen with him? when will he get called up? why didn't he play last 2 games? i use milb.com, but it doesn't really give good player news...where can i get this?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
He attended a friend's wedding throughout the past 2 games. Should be back tonight.

Callup? June at the earliest, I say.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
clubhouse sports said:
jay, where did you see that info? do you think he's a definite 2010 call up?

The wedding thing was reported on these boards yesterday. If you Google him, you'll see he was out of the lineup on "personal business".

As for the callup, according to Rotoworld:

Mike Stanton: Stanton coming to Marlins soon?
Mike Stanton - OF - FLA - May. 7 - 6:47 pm et
Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria said prospect outfielder Mike Stanton will "probably" be in the major leagues this summer.
"When he's ready and the baseball people tell me he's ready to do it, we'll do it," said Loria. "I gather the baseball people don't want him to come and fail. If he's going to come here, he's going to come here to stay. We always want to provide the foundation for success, not temporary success. He'll probably be here this summer, that's all I can tell you. He'll be very exciting to come around. Don't forget, there's a lot of pressure to put on a 20-year-old man." Stanton is batting .340/.477/.840 with an incredible 14 homers and 31 RBI through 100 at-bats with Double-A Jacksonville. Yeah, he'll be on his way soon enough. May. 7 - 6:47 pm et
Source: Miami Herald

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
I wish they would keep him in the minors the rest of the season. Let him play a little winter ball and then let him battle for a spot in the outfield in spring training next season. I just don't want him on the same roller coaster Maybin has been on.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
he will probably be called up june 1st when the marlins can get an extra year of eligibility under his rookie contract. The marlins try to keep there young talent as long as possible before they need to decide what to do about the huge contract that they will have to pay there players.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I just hope when he gets the call he hits a homer (or two) in his first game so we can all reap the benefits of the Stanton hysteria to follow.

The only negative will be the sheer amount of STANON MANIA-esque threads on the boards.

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
thats not a negative...his stuff is arleady going crazy and hasn't even got called up! its gonna go REALLY crazy when he does....i guess my question is can his raw chromes go higher than the $150 heywards got when he got the call? Also, i don't think the "impulse buyer" or average collector will realize just what a small % of his autos grade 10......which i think is sad because the ones with 10 auto should get big premium.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
clubhouse sports said:
thats not a negative...his stuff is arleady going crazy and hasn't even got called up! its gonna go REALLY crazy when he does....i guess my question is can his raw chromes go higher than the $150 heywards got when he got the call? Also, i don't think the "impulse buyer" or average collector will realize just what a small % of his autos grade 10......which i think is sad because the ones with 10 auto should get big premium.

You collect Mike Stanton and you have no clue he missed 2 games because of a wedding?? Tsk, tsk, tsk...

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
AKA Coastal said:
I wish they would keep him in the minors the rest of the season. Let him play a little winter ball and then let him battle for a spot in the outfield in spring training next season. I just don't want him on the same roller coaster Maybin has been on.
QFT

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
ha ha ha....had a busy weekend and i bought all my stuff at 30-40/chrome.....and contenders in the fall when everyone was worried about his strikeouts and ability to play since his back was hurt :)

i'm quite happy with my stantons. I have 7 bgs 9.5/10 conteders :), 10/10 elite, 2 of the /10 threads and plenty of others :)

Nikobaseball

Aug 7, 2008
clubhouse sports said:
ha ha ha....had a busy weekend and i bought all my stuff at 30-40/chrome.....and contenders in the fall when everyone was worried about his strikeouts and ability to play since his back was hurt :)

i'm quite happy with my stantons. I have 7 bgs 9.5/10 conteders :), 10/10 elite, 2 of the /10 threads and plenty of others :)

me too ;)

Members online

Latest posts