Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TALK ABOUT BAD BUSINESS....READ THIS! opinions needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I bought a big lot from a guy---($1500+)---and the shipping was $35. I said no problem, thinking he would send in a priority flat rate, or because of the weight, have to send it priority. Whenever I send packages through USPS store and not paypal, it's ALWAYS priority or first class. Well I was checking the delivery status in paypal and it kept saying that the package was accepted at his local post office. Finally after like 5 days of this status, I called his PO with the tracking number to ask what's going on. They told me he sent it STANDARD mail----I've NEVER heard of it, but its the cheapest way the USPS offers to send any package and that the delivery date was scheduled for today (May 10). However, I looked at the status and still says accepted in his PO!

When I get the package, am I a dick to leave negative feedback? I mean $35 for shipping and can't even get priority? Would you guys be unhappy, or am I being unreasonable? And if so, I think it's because of what another member said in the cant we all get along thread---too much time between products!

Thanks guys,

John

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Did he ship it in a timely manner? Was everthing packaged well? Did everything arrive ok? If everything is yes then leave him a positive but give him the appropriate rating for his shipping costs.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
there is no such thing. his options are priority or parcel post.
since it sounds like it weighed more than a pound it has to be one or the other,
and the way the postal rates are set now, there is almost no difference in
price unless the package gets above like 15-20 lbs. if he sent it parcel post
and you guys are east coast-west coast you are looking at 10 days plus.
what are the details, was the package very heavy? long distance?

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
that's the thing---i still didn't get the package! so i can't tell if everything was there. yes, he shipped it two days after i paid, which i have no problem with----people have a life outside of ebay, cards, etc and things happen. But you have no idea how much it bugs me that he sent standard mail! If you(generally speaking not you specifically) spend a decent amount of money on a lot, wouldn't you expect priority mail? At least that's what i do. THanks for your opinion.

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
boomo said:
there is no such thing. his options are priority or parcel post.
since it sounds like it weighed more than a pound it has to be one or the other,
and the way the postal rates are set now, there is almost no difference in
price unless the package gets above like 15-20 lbs. if he sent it parcel post
and you guys are east coast-west coast you are looking at 10 days plus.
what are the details, was the package very heavy? long distance?

Package was like 24 lbs and it was mid west to east coast. I didn't think there was such a thing either, but even when I went to my PO this weekend, they said yes, standard mail does exist! I couldn't believe it either!

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
then they are talking about parcel post.
i just ran my program, for 24 lb package
from NH to chicago is about 31 priority
and 19 parcel post. so you deff paid him enough
for priority, he chose to save 12.00 and pocket it.
so i guess you need to decide if his time involved in
packing is worth that 12 bucks.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
It is bad business. Plain and simple.
First, you spent $1500, so at that price I would consider you a good customer, and therefore he really shouldn't be screwing you out of money. Furthermore, I would hope that at $1500 he bought some insurance for it as well.

I mean the guy is not to smart because he probably could have got a Flat Rate Box and paid much less, got you the items faster and passed along the savings to you.

Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) $14.50 12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Did the guy say he was going to ship it priority mail? If not then I don't think you should be complaining as long as you receive everything.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
Did the guy say he was going to ship it priority mail? If not then I don't think you should be complaining as long as you receive everything.

+1

Show us the auction

Curious what your getting

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Fandruw25 said:

This is the key. It makes no difference if you think it's "bad business" or what, but if the auction did not specifically state "will ship Priority Mail", then you have absolutely no reason to complain.

Now if it DOES say "Priority Mail", then yes, you have a reason to complain...but on that, you contact the seller and try to work out a partial refund on the shipping. If not, suck it up and make sure everything you bought is there.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Was anyone factoring in a potential insurance cost?
That as well as a signature confirmation adds some money as well. Seller is crazy if he didn't do that,

Hopefully everything is fine and it gets to you. Personally if I got it, no problems and everything was there I'd probably leave a positive - then drop stars on shipping and those areas if it turns out he did pocket a majority of the shipping fees.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
rymflaherty said:
Was anyone factoring in a potential insurance cost?
That as well as a signature confirmation adds some money as well. Seller is crazy if he didn't do that,

Hopefully everything is fine and it gets to you. Personally if I got it, no problems and everything was there I'd probably leave a positive - then drop stars on shipping and those areas if it turns out he did pocket a majority of the shipping fees.

Exactly, Insurance alone on a $1500 transaction is probably over $10, let alone adding SC, etc. I'm guessin, even being sent Parcel Post, the shipping was close to the $35 you paid...again, if you guys didn't agree to Priority, there is no reason to be upset.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
If I don't get my moneys worth shipping, then I'm definitely not afraid to let them know how I feel. I understand the pocketing of a couple dollars or so. That's cool, its normal, but if your abusing the system, I have a problem.

One time I paid $15 to ship a video game, but it just came in a bubble mailer with no tracking or insurance. I promptly asked for some of the shipping money to be returned, as I could see only a few dollars were spent.

Members online

Latest posts