Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Uh...This is the worse Strasburg ever...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

striderboi

Nov 3, 2009
Bay Area
I'm opening 2 Jumbo cases now..Pulled 4 strasburg chrome...all look like this...
Will Topps replace these???
ab1d51e9.jpg

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
one time i sent in a sticker auto card beacuse it was put on so bad it looked horrable. They sent it back and said there was nothing defective about it. They will only replace things that are defective.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
i highly doubt they will replace cards for poor centering, but i guess it wouldn't hurt to try. Most you could lose is a couple bucks in postage and the cards i guess.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
I opened two cases of draft a few years ago and the centering on every chrome card was 90-10. Topps will tell you that the card is within their quality standards if the entire image of the player is visible....and grading companies have brain washed collectors into thinking every card must be perfect.

However, if you continue to work your way up the ladder you will find someone that will replace the cards for you. Good luck.

justcardboard

Apr 28, 2010
Virginia
Whoever QA'd the Chrome cards should be fired. I also received several that were all kinds of off center. All the others (base/etc) were centered just fine.

Will say my Strasburg Chrome was centered ok though.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
leatherman said:
muchuckwagon said:
justcardboard said:
Whoever QA'd the Chrome cards should be fired.

Did you read my post above? ^^^^

And that's why the really good ones are called "Gem" Mint, and not "Dirt" Mint.

I will say that my dad worked in the printing industry and managed the first shift of a very large plant that printed manuals for IBM back in the 80's among other things.

For those of you to young to remember, computers in those days came with several instruction manuals about an inch or two thick. There was a lot of attention given to ensure every job was well-centered when cut before going to the bindery.

Given today's technology, I really don't understand how cards can't be cut within a 60-40 tolerance.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
muchuckwagon said:
Given today's technology, I really don't understand how cards can't be cut within a 60-40 tolerance.

Oh, you know the reason: $

It's cheaper to put them out like they do, rather than spend the money on technology and employees to monitor the cards.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
leatherman said:
muchuckwagon said:

Oh, you know the reason: $

It's cheaper to put them out like they do, rather than spend the money on technology and employees to monitor the cards.

Bingo. And as long as people keep buying the product, there's no reason to change.

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
I opened 2 jumbo boxes and pulled one Strasburg chrome. Has terrible machine lines/scratches running down it! Also, the box was shorted one auto! Terrible quality control again Topps!

002.jpg

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
You're not the only one. I had one that was exactly that bad, and 2 others that weren't the best.

I think when he gets the call, I'm going to list them honestly and I bet they will still sell, since people will just want SOMETHING of his.

loftlife

Feb 7, 2010
I FEEL YA!! I cracked a case last night (along with a case of beer to numb the pain) and one Stras' was cut like that (along with most of my base chromes) and one Stras' had a crease in the top... by far the worst case I have ever busted in my life. I got my stuff packed so hard I won't be able to crap for a week!!

Greed Kills... I should have sold the case... ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts