Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to ship an eBay auction valued at over $1000...anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Ok, so Paypal needs a signature for anything over $225 (or recommends it), but I'm in the process of putting up a Kobe Bryant Logoman Autograph 1/1 and it will end at over $1000.

FedEx? UPS? USPS?

Anyone have any experience? The last truly high-end card that I sold was in person.

By the way, here is the card...
kobe-timeless-logo-1of1.gif

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
use registered mail and insure yourself to cover the cost.

registered mail has to be tracked through each user and if it does not make its final destination some one "will be fired" or at least that is what they say at the PO.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
When shipping cards over $1000, I usually use USPS Registered Mail. I've shipped cards worth over $5000 like this before and I've never had any issues.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Ill second registered mail. It will be under lock and key the whole trip.

Congrats on the sale!

Kevin

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
bouwob said:

registered mail has to be tracked through each user and if it does not make its final destination some one "will be fired" or at least that is what they say at the PO.
What he says pack it up nice and then PO and insure it Registered mail

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
bouwob said:

This...last two that I had that ended over $1K, this is the way I did it.

HTH,

Matt

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Registered Mail it is.

In regards to the card, I pulled it today...my second biggest pull. I'm putting it up with a huge BIN w/BO so who knows.

Thanks for the help.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
As others mentioned, Registered is the way to go. Make sure that if you use tape on the package it is paper tape because they stamp every possible opening for security purposes. I just shipped a card Registered with $5000 insurance (in one of the boxes Beckett uses to ship) and it was around $22.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
t3dudek said:
sweet card but they could of centered the logo better.....
Agreed, but I'd rather it still attached to the jersey than others I've seen that have been chopped out with a hacksaw.

Members online

Latest posts