Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Karston Whitson - asking for your info please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Pulled a red from the jumbo case, which of course, prompted me to look into getting more of his, like other reds. Missed out on one that ended last night on Ebay that sold for $155. Didn't think it would go for that much, and am happy to think mine is worth that.

Before the post was deleted, I saw the mock draft with him listed as a top 10 pick (i think, mebbe 12). BA's mock draft listed on FCB's main page has him listed at 16th, but to the Cubs which would be awesome too. Problem is, I know nothing about him . . .

Questions:

Buy/sell/hold? It's a beaut, BGS 9.5 for sure and I might be sending some cards from the break in.

Comparable to who?

Any risk he's projected to be a closer?

Draft up/down possibilities? Chance he'll be top 10 or that he could slide out of 1st round?

Anything anyone wants to add about his skills or even to just take the money and run, I'd really appreciate your thoughts and info.

Thanks guys in advance!

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I saw him 5 times the past 3 months. My brother in law played on his travel team and against him this year. I talked to several of his family and he has no problem going to college and is rumored to be asking around a 4.0 million signing bonus. The talent he pitched against isn't that great with 2A baseball in Florida but he is almost a finished product. His uncle played for the Padres ( Ed Whitson) and he is a closet Cardinals fan. If the Royals don't take him, I don't see any club in the 1st round meeting his demands other then the Padres who have money to spend this year.

I would hold and hope he gets drafted by anyone but the Cubs.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Thanks guys.

I'll likely get it slabbed and hold onto it for a bit.

With the Cubs having a ton of fans and seeing how some Cub BC's from 2010 have taken off, I would have thought that it would be a great market for cards. For a pitcher or a fan of Whitson, I could imagine pitching there wouldn't be good.

Keep the thoughts coming :)

Members online