Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I listed the Strasburg Superfractor... Here we go

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Why a reserve? Are you afraid that it somehow won't go for a mint? :)

I'd have lined up a 7 or 10 day regular auction scheduled to end the night of, or the night after his first big league start.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
There was no chance in hell you wouldn't profit on that card, so why use a reserve? Especially with the creation of this thread on top of it.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Reserves scare people off dude. Even if you didn't profit on the card, let's say the card sold for 800. I would take a neg than give that card up for peanuts dude. Good luck with the sale!

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Is there a more strategic time to list it? Like the week he's called up or something,or does it not matter whatsoever because its a friggin Strasburg super! Congrats again.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
bballcardkid said:
I don't think the reserve is going to scare bidders away like it would with lower end items. Lots of people are wanting this card and they will bid for it.

Depends on how high the reserve is. People already know that the seller's BIN was previously 20K+, so if it keeps reading "Reserve Not Met" well into the thousands, then people might start to get scared. Still don't understand having one though, if you want to protect yourself and get a certain price, a high opening bid is the better way to go.

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
I put the reserve in there just in case , I have never had a card this good so just to put my mind at ease, and it is not that high and will probably have the reserve met soon at this rate. Waste of cash on my end more than anything.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
If you are going to set a reserve you may as well just start the auction at that amount.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Brett Keith said:
bballcardkid said:
I don't think the reserve is going to scare bidders away like it would with lower end items. Lots of people are wanting this card and they will bid for it.

Depends on how high the reserve is. Still don't understand having one though.

I am going to guess its a pretty high reserve!

Wasnt there 30+ offers at $20k and they were all declined?

Shep

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
jbone17 said:
Oh yeah, I forgot. I will bet my arse Wossa wins it!

I dont think he has been buying Strasburg Refs from what I remember has he?

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
lkk116 said:
I put the reserve in there just in case , I have never had a card this good so just to put my mind at ease, and it is not that high and will probably have the reserve met soon at this rate. Waste of cash on my end more than anything.

What was your original reserve price? I just saw that you lowered it.

Shep

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
lkk116 said:
jbone17 said:
Oh yeah, I forgot. I will bet my arse Wossa wins it!

I don't think he has been buying Strasburg Refs from what I remember has he?

Dunno, but when psychologists ask the word thing, you first hear superfractor and the Wossa should be the first thing that pops into your head lol. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts