Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on Bowman USA cards (esp parallels)...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
...what do you think the odds are on flipping some of these yet-to-be drafted players? The Machado and Whitson parallels have absolutely taken off in the past two weeks. What about the second-tier guys like Vanegus, Buckel, Wolters, etc? I feel like some of this stuff is still going pretty cheap...mid $20's for golds or oranges? Sounds like a good possible flip to me...depending on a few factors like what team grabs them, and if they decide to go to college or not.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
55_marlins_sp said:
Vanegas is garbage ...

Really? Kind of early to throw in the towel on him don't you think?

PS - I think you have a few Johnson auctions waiting from me...hehehe...lemme know when those might come through I'll hit the post office Wednesday then be out until after the holidays!

- Jsn (midwestsportscollections)

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
jkeys said:
55_marlins_sp said:
Vanegas is garbage ...

PS - I think you have a few Johnson auctions waiting from me...hehehe...lemme know when those might come through I'll hit the post office Wednesday then be out until after the holidays!

I think i'm going to try to corner the market on Vanegas and drive up all the prices for you. ;)

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
brouthercard said:
jkeys said:
55_marlins_sp said:
Vanegas is garbage ...

I think i'm going to try to corner the market on Vanegas and drive up all the prices for you. ;)

:geek:

No, not at all (I don't sell PC) :p

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I keep looking for an oportunity to flip some of these USA guys but none of them seem like a sure thing. Harper is already at prices that mean he'll have to be the next pujols or get more hype then heyward which while playing for the nationals I'm not sure that's possible although Strasburg is testing that theory. Machado was my first instinct but his prices took of super fast and I was only able to get a few. Wolters doesn't have the power I look for but could be a good flip based on the draft, maybe Castellanos, whomever you go for it seems like your money is tied up for a couple of years and I was looking more for the quick flip for the draft. I think since a lot of people have made a bunch of money lately on Castro, Montero, Heyward, etc. That they've driven the market a little to high for this new crop of prospects and maybe their is better money to be made on David Price chrome auto's or other forgotten about second or third year major leaguers.

Members online

Latest posts