Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman at the LCS

Spending $200 on 2010 Bowman

• Get the 2 regular boxes, immediately sell Strasburg Chromes and rip more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
So I guess the closest shop is getting more 2010 Bowman in a day or two. Regular at $90-100 a box and jumbo at $190

If I go in with $200 burning a hole in my pocket, I'm wondering if it's a no-brainer to get a jumbo box over 2 regular boxes. . .

I'm not assuming anything, but wouldn't there be a better chance to just get 1 chrome Strasburg and 1 chrome Harper per regular box as opposed to hoping for 2 Strasburgs in a single jumbo box(which I KNOW isn't happening)? And there's plenty of people who didn't get 3 autos in each jumbo box.

If I get a Chrome Strasburg in the first reg Bowman box, and they're somehow selling for $50 I'm almost tempted to rip more in his shop until I don't get a Chrome Strasburg, knowing I can get an instant 50% return on the box from 1 Chrome Strasburg, and perhaps the Auto will be decent. I am aware that there's hardly a Strasburg per box. But the rest of base RCs and USA's are there too, and regular Bowman Strasburgs.

Plus, with opening more packs, doesn't that increase the pack odds for the rare pulls? Suddenly it doesn't seem like one choice is far and away better over the other.

And no, Option 3 to buy singles is not an option for this question/poll

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jumbo, take a shot at pulling the Holy Grail...the Strasburg Red Auto which could legitimately be a $25,000 card.

I haven't cracked any 2010 bowman, but I did a lot of 08 and I remember jumbos being a lot more fun to rip than hobby. Plus the three autos vs two is a nice advantage for Jumbo as well, and you could still pull Strasburg chrome(s) from Jumbo too.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Your chances of getting a Strasburg Chrome in Jumbo is a little bit better then in Regular.

Your chance of gettin a Harper in Jumbo is less then in Regular.

You can only pull the Red Auto Strasburg out of Jumbo.

Be prepared to only get 2 Autos in Jumbo as a lot of them you get shorted 1 auto.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
jmc280zx said:
Your chances of getting a Strasburg Chrome in Jumbo is a little bit better then in Regular.

Be prepared to only get 2 Autos in Jumbo as a lot of them you get shorted 1 auto.

Not true. Only the printing plates are jumbo exclusives. The red auto could be in Hobby or Jumbo

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
prospectorgems said:
jmc280zx said:

Not true. Only the printing plates are jumbo exclusives. The red auto could be in Hobby or Jumbo

Are you sure(?), as I could've swore that the red Stras auto is in Hobby only (just like I heard the USA red ref's are in Hobby & not Jumbo)? I very well could be incorrect as I got all of my info from post's on the board... Lmk, Dave. :D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
HoustonTeams4Me said:
prospectorgems said:
jmc280zx said:

Are you sure(?), as I could've swore that the red Stras auto is in Hobby only (just like I heard the USA red ref's are in Hobby & not Jumbo)? I very well could be incorrect as I got all of my info from post's on the board... Lmk, Dave. :D

No, the Red Stras Auto is jumbo only.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Jaypers said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
prospectorgems said:
jmc280zx said:

No, the Red Stras Auto is jumbo only.

BINGO! THere is only one...and the odds for it are on the jumbo wrappers and not the hobby...so that tells you what box it could be found in.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
prospectorgems said:
jmc280zx said:

Please check the stated odds on the back of the packs.

There is a stated odd for the Red Auto (which Strasburg is the only Red Auto in the product) on the back of the Jumbo packs while there is not a stated odd on the back of the regular pack.

Which would tell me that the Red Auto of Strasburg on only on Jumbo..

Members online

Latest posts