Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Sweet Spot Target retail tins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I was at my target and found one. I know these have a minor chance of USA Baseball stuff, and that means Strasburg.

Am I dumb for trying to list it for more than what I paid? they are those crappy $29.99 3-pack tins. They have a garunteed hit in them, but my understanding was that you'd get a crappy GU. I might have to spam "Strasburg" in the title.

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
Most have the crappy GU. My cousin bought one for his son for Xmas last year because he was suprised to see Topps Hobby boxes for $50+. I felt like crap when he opened the tin and didnt even get the crappy GU.

PS. my Target had 2 available this Am as well when I went hunting for Bowman Blasters - didnt even think about buying them

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
hive17 said:
I was at my target and found one. I know these have a minor chance of USA Baseball stuff, and that means Strasburg.

Am I dumb for trying to list it for more than what I paid? they are those crappy $29.99 3-pack tins. They have a garunteed hit in them, but my understanding was that you'd get a crappy GU. I might have to spam "Strasburg" in the title.

I bought a couple of those from WalMart last year for $20 but mine only had 1 pack per tin. For $60 I wound up with a Frank Thomas unnumbered jersey card a Manny Ramirez unnumbered jersey card and a Daric Barton autographed card /199. I knew I shouldn't have but the stras possibility was hard to resist.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
I've personally seen 10 of these opened from 3 different Target stores and every single one had single/dual G/U cards. I'd definitely stick with hobby.

Allen

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Strasburg is in 2008, not 2009

aaaaannnnndddd, I'm retarded. I could just take it back at this point, but I think I'll open it to make my mistake more painful ::facepalm::

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
hive17 said:
JoshHamilton said:

aaaaannnnndddd, I'm retarded. I could just take it back at this point, but I think I'll open it to make my mistake more painful ::facepalm::

Sad thing is if they put quality cards in there they would have made alot of money selling them in retail outlets. Imagine if you had the same odds as hobby?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
hive17 said:
JoshHamilton said:
Don't bother opening. PayPal me $30 and I'll mail you some ugly base cards and a kick in the crotch.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
hive17 said:
JoshHamilton said:
Don't bother opening. PayPal me $30 and I'll mail you some ugly base cards and a kick in the crotch.

It might be worth the $30 to see how you plan to mail someone a kick in the crotch... :)

Members online

Latest posts