Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card show and BGS Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
So this sunday BGS will be at my normal card show. They aren't grading cards or doing raw grading just giving a special, whats the point of them coming and not doing raw gradings or coming at all? The special is 20 day service for 5 bucks a card but must submit 50 or more cards or 10 day service for 9 bucks a card but pretty sure its like 25 card min.

tasmemphis

Mar 27, 2010
I just sent off for there June special junefive is the code... its a 5 day service for $12 per with no charge for the auto.Thats about
as good as it gets.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
tasmemphis said:
I just sent off for there June special junefive is the code... its a 5 day service for $12 per with no charge for the auto.Thats about
as good as it gets.
Ya just been thinking for a while why the heck there coming lol.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
They run these specials for people who would rather not send their cards in the mail. If you're in the area, it would save you a bit on shipping to just drop the cards off at the show.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems obvious to me why they would come. They answer questions from customers, accept submissions, explain grading for people that don't understand it, allow customers to avoid the mail, etc. They always offer specials at these shows as well.

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
WJCIII said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems obvious to me why they would come. They answer questions from customers, accept submissions, explain grading for people that don't understand it, allow customers to avoid the mail, etc. They always offer specials at these shows as well.
well, Maybe I'm missing something and might be giving people to much credit and thinking they would already know about BGS?

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Dpanthers14 said:
WJCIII said:
well, Maybe I'm missing something and might be giving people to much credit and thinking they would already know about BGS?

You'd be surprised. At almost every show that I go to that BGS is at, there are always a few people who walk up to the booth and have questions about about the services they offer, are submitting for the first time, or have only graded with PSA or another company in the past.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I don't know - I thought they just came to local shows for me to harass them. LOL - I think that's why they only come to this area once a year now!

Members online

Latest posts