Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cards sign Randy Winn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
craiger122003 said:
Albert does not need rest he is a MACHINE :eek: :eek: :shock:
That machine is getting older, although I know Winn is older then Albert still you rest him and he will be fresher
at the end of the season when you need him the most to over take the REDS and win the Division :D

I'm mean the cards clinching the wild-card spot :lol:

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I've got to think this is a precursor to a trade of one or more of our outfield options...Jay/Craig/Mather

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
rookieaddict said:
I've got to think this is a precursor to a trade of one or more of our outfield options...Jay/Craig/Mather

Nah.

While Jay was mashing, he was getting limited ABs. Now he's an everyday player in AAA.

Winn is only a Cardinal through the end of this year, at absolute best. You don't trade your long term OF options because of a veteran coming in to be a backup for 3/5 of a year.

However, just throwing this out there, I could see Jake Westbrook being an option. We all know that Cleveland likes Jon Jay/Daryl Jones, as Cleveland almost got them in the DeRosa deal, and if Cleveland paid Westbrook's entire contract, the Cardinals could deal one of those guys.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
sure, hes cold right now but the guy is a pretty decent player.

he can hit .290 while still playing good defense and being a team player. I dont know who wouldnt want him.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
donrusscrusademan said:
sure, hes cold right now but the guy is a pretty decent player.

he can hit .290 while still playing good defense and being a team player. I dont know who wouldnt want him.

I sure as hell don't want him!

He couldn't hit or catcha ball in the American league@ Maybe he'll do better in the NL (ALA Lugo)

Members online

Latest posts