Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Those That Prospect...How Did The Astros Do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Anyone mind giving me their opinion on the guys the Astros drafted? I like Delino DeShields, Jr. simply because of his daddy but I know nothing else about him :lol:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Mike "Folty" Foltynewicz is a stud, and shouldn't be tough to sign away from UT. You'll like him. He has every bit as much potential as Lyles.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Jaypers said:
Mike "Folty" Foltynewicz is a stud, and shouldn't be tough to sign away from UT. You'll like him. He has every bit as much potential as Lyles.

So we got a good pitching prospect at least :) We needed one.

Does DeShields have potential? Michael Kvasnicka?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Therion said:
Jaypers said:

So we got a good pitching prospect at least :) We needed one.

Does DeShields have potential? Michael Kvasnicka?

Both do, yes. They're also on BA's top draft picks list.

Prospectmaster

Astros drafted a guy I played against in high school Austin Wates kid is unbelievably fast. Another friend of mine got drafted in the first round by the Blue Jays Deck McGuire me and him go to the same church and have known each other since our early childhood.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
i used to cover Woodward sports for a newspaper (delino's high school) and all i really remember about him was that he never ever saw any pitches. he generally got walked and then stole constantly. also, he had to have been one of the only black kids at woodward.

i always thought he'd be a great pro prospect but was floored to see him at 8.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I always thought Delino Deshields was a terrible baseball player. I watched him a lot during his time with the Cubs and he just didn't seem to hustle and made routine plays into difficult ones. Don't know about his son, but the writeup of the pick says that they picked him hoping he would be like his father. His father was a below average utility player for most of his career. He hit .268 for his career and never batted over .300.

Seems stupid to me to use a top 10 draft pick hoping for a similar player. There were lots of better players available. Why not pick someone with big power? The Astros offense has struggled ever since the end of the 'Killer Bs' era, seems like they could use someone with a little pop.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Therion said:
Anyone mind giving me their opinion on the guys the Astros drafted? I like Delino DeShields, Jr. simply because of his daddy but I know nothing else about him :lol:

Just hope they can trade him for Pedro Martinez Jr. Worked out well for the Expos. ;)

Members online

Latest posts