Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Retail Series II...Good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Re: Topps Retail Series II...

Just curious, are codes from Series 1 and 2 basically "the same" (as in you still can get a Strasburg with a Series 1 code)?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

Messier2 said:
Just curious, are codes from Series 1 and 2 basically "the same" (as in you still can get a Strasburg with a Series 1 code)?
In an effort to capture this special moment in a timely fashion and give sports fans around the world an opportunity to collect this treasured card, during Strasburg’s very first MLB game on June 8, collectors visiting www.toppsmillion.com with a code card found in Topps Series 1 or Topps Series 2 baseball will have a chance to unlock this special card. Strasburg’s Topps rookie card will contain the photo of his very first pitch in the Major Leagues and will be issued in very limited quantities.

Looks like either.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008

Jeff N. said:
Messier2 said:
In an effort to capture this special moment in a timely fashion and give sports fans around the world an opportunity to collect this treasured card, during Strasburg’s very first MLB game on June 8, collectors visiting http://www.toppsmillion.com with a code card found in Topps Series 1 or Topps Series 2 baseball will have a chance to unlock this special card. Strasburg’s Topps rookie card will contain the photo of his very first pitch in the Major Leagues and will be issued in very limited quantities.

Looks like either.

Ah, ok thanks!

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I broke three boxes of hobby recently and was disappointed.

For the extra $20 to buy a hobby box all your gonna get is a plain white jersey of Aramis Ramírez

So yeah I guess retail is fine. Same odds for the variations and pie face stuff (I think)

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Not a horrible deal, although I only got around $2 per code card. Jumbos aren't a bad option since you get $10. I will almost have broken even on my Jumbo box when it's all said and done, although I got two SPs and two hat logo cards (sold one, keeping the other). All I really wanted was the base set, and I bought it with sales from a freakish 08 Update box bought out of boredom.

But yeah, I'd say retail is probably better than hobby if you're looking for code cards, although I'm not sure about odds on stuff like SPs, pie-face, silks, etc.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
I thought I read that the series II codes now include some original T-206 cards. Add in the Strasburg card and I would consider that an upgrade from the series one codes.

Tom

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I just want someone who opened a ton of this to sell me all the Justin Upton variations (shameless search plug :D ). There are a lot of common inserts and I don't want to get them all individually.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Retail jumbo/rack(whatever you wish to call them) are the best deal at $5 each.They each have a code if the format is the same as Series 1.
Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts