Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB 6/9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Dunn (12) and Posey (1) have hit HR's already.

Mets / Padres and Phillies / Marlins have been PPD.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Zimmerman with a walk and run scored.

He has 38 runs and 34 rbis lol! Just thought that was interesting.

Posey first career home run (2 RBI shot)

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Bad news..

Derek Holland threw only 17 pitches in a bullpen session Wednesday before calling it quits due to pain in his shoulder.
It's pretty evident by now that there's something seriously wrong with youngster's left arm. He was originally placed on the disabled list after complaining of numbness in his throwing hand and now there's pain and discomfort in his shoulder. Surgery may be required to fix whatever is wrong.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
Bad news..

Derek Holland threw only 17 pitches in a bullpen session Wednesday before calling it quits due to pain in his shoulder.
It's pretty evident by now that there's something seriously wrong with youngster's left arm. He was originally placed on the disabled list after complaining of numbness in his throwing hand and now there's pain and discomfort in his shoulder. Surgery may be required to fix whatever is wrong.
Ouch!

(1st) CG SHO for Justin Masterson, congrats to him :cool: (The Sox definitely could not hit him tonight :| )

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
On par with the Strasburg hype...Boof Bonser made his long awaited debut with the Red Sox
He now has an ERA of Infinity.

Wish Francona was allowed to just bring out a tee from the bullpen - would have been more effective then Bonser and Nelson.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
rymflaherty said:
On par with the Strasburg hype...Boof Bonser made his long awaited debut with the Red Sox

mWish Francona was allowed to just bring out a tee from the bullpen - would have been ,ore effective then Bonser and Nelson.
20 pitches and did not record an out. ::facepalm::

I think it took the Sox "bullpen" 60+ pitches that ininng to get 3 outs.

W00t w00t Bonser FTW!!!! (JK, if you have a 5+ ERA in the minors then you probably wont do any better in the majors...lol.)

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
rymflaherty said:

mWish Francona was allowed to just bring out a tee from the bullpen - would have been ,ore effective then Bonser and Nelson.

W00t w00t Bonser FTW!!!! (JK, if you have a 5+ ERA in the minors then you probably wont do any better in the majors...lol.)

So true. Granted I feel they knew it was a long-shot he'd contribute, but I was surprised they even brought him up. I figured they may have given Richardson a chance.....hopefully Paps is back soon and they can find someone else to help out back there.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
rymflaherty said:
scotty21690 said:
rymflaherty said:

So true. Granted I feel they knew it was a long-shot he'd contribute, but I was surprised they even brought him up. I figured they may have given Richardson a chance.....hopefully Paps is back soon and they can find someone else to help out back there.
Was really hoping they would bring him up, lol.

Also most likely he will on pitch in relief in games that we are not going to win, or at least I'm hoping...

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
scotty21690 said:
rymflaherty said:
scotty21690 said:
rymflaherty said:

Also most likely he will on pitch in relief in games that we are not going to win, or at least I'm hoping...

I'd be stunned if we didn't see Bowden and Richardson in the pen at some point, probably (hopefully) very soon. Doubront will probably see the majors at some point as well.

And I'm very happy with Masterson finally putting it together, one start at a time. Doubt the few Masterson cards that I have remaining will every be worth that much with him in Cleveland, but I'm not into it for much

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
scotty21690 said:
rymflaherty said:
scotty21690 said:
rymflaherty said:

I'd be stunned if we didn't see Bowden and Richardson in the pen at some point, probably (hopefully) very soon. Doubront will probably see the majors at some point as well.

And I'm very happy with Masterson finally putting it together, one start at a time. Doubt the few Masterson cards that I have remaining will every be worth that much with him in Cleveland, but I'm not into it for much
I may be interested in those in about a month when I get a job, if you don't mind holding onto them...

And it is good to see him pitching well.....though I still see him as a long reliever but that may just be me. I wish the Sox still had him...

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Ryan Ludwick 3 run BOMB Cardinals still down 4 to 3 VS Dodgers
He is on fire in LA but the rest of the team is cold as ice :x :x

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Kenshin Kawakami had a VERY good game, as well did Ian Kennedy...too bad neither of them will get a win out of it. When will the Braves give this guy some run support?!?!?! 7 out of his last 8 starts are considered "quality starts" and nothing to show for it.

YIKES...scary collision between McLouth and Heyward gave Parra an inside-the-park home run and the D'Backs a 2-1 lead. It also knocked McLouth out of the game as it appeared to be a head injury.

Members online

Latest posts