Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Snagged a RC Auto of the best hitter in baseball...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
This year anyways. Pretty surprised they have stayed so low as its his only RC Auto and no parallels (and he's put up all-time great stats to this point in his career.) Went graded because so many are trimmed, and because they are condition sensitive, an 8 is actually about par for the course on these.

!Bt!jC3wBWk~$(KGrHqUH-C8EvEy12gnWBL6IyoyRVQ~~_12.jpg

Oh, and snagged this one recently as well (1/5.) The color ink on the leather does not shine as well as some others, but at thankfully no worries about it disappearing.

ScannedImage-8.png

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
nice! been meaning to pick up a miggy ttt auto but i keep missing out on the lowest $$ time. lol!!

great pickups!!

dave

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
nice! been meaning to pick up a miggy ttt auto but i keep missing out on the lowest $$ time. lol!!

great pickups!!

dave
Thanks. If he continues his pace I could see them easily jumping over $500. (Of course that's a big "if" but it's not like he's come out of no where.)

The Koufax I'll probably put up FT soon, but it's always nice to snag a rare auto of one of the best all time.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
It will be almost impossible to find anyone interested in that Koufax, others have tried here to no avail, UD just
screwed up that coloring. I would bust that Miggy out, looks like it may of been graded back when BGS was
tougher, might resubmit or even out of the holder it is worth more. Nice pick ups

Kevin

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
gogosox40 said:
That is a great card. Is that card found in the 2000 Topps Traded & Rookies Set
or
the Topps Chrome Traded & Rookies Set?

The 2000 TT set. There are no auto's in the Chrome Traded set.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
That's a very good card at a very good price. I remember when his auto's were around $1,000. I'm not sure why they're so cheap in comparison to other Auto'd RC's, but that may not last much longer. He consistently puts up great #'s, but He's simply been on a tear of late.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
It will be almost impossible to find anyone interested in that Koufax, others have tried here to no avail, UD just
screwed up that coloring. I would bust that Miggy out, looks like it may of been graded back when BGS was
tougher, might resubmit or even out of the holder it is worth more. Nice pick ups

Kevin
Guess I'll find out about the Koufax. I find it hard to imagine it would be impossible to find interest as I recently dealt a /10 similar card (with a blue sig, but the degree that the sig "popped" was about the same) and had a very large amount of interest.

On the Miggy, I think you are right about cracking or resubmitting.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Randy Shields said:
That's a very good card at a very good price. I remember when his auto's were around $1,000. I'm not sure why they're so cheap in comparison to other Auto'd RC's, but that may not last much longer. He consistently puts up great #'s, but He's simply been on a tear of late.

Yep, I remember that. Raws were getting like $800 or so each. The only reason I can think of as to why they were so high, and now they are not, is supply and demand. When they first got real hot, and exploded in price, everyone who could afford it was having to track down the card and bid against tons of other people trying to get one as well. Which is why I think they sold for so high at one point. And now that demand is less then when it was when the card first became a 'must have', supply has always been there. I mean, there is always a dozen or so in varying pricepoints on the bay. Also, I'm not sure of print run, but I have a feeling there is no shortage of this card at all. Having said that, I think ~$400 for a BGS 8 (or raw) Topps card from 2000, albiet condition sensitive, and from what I can see, no shortage of, is very good! And I highly doubt this card will see $1000 any time soon, if ever again.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
I was checking the checklist for the Topps Traded and there are 80 Signatures. with 1 per box. Do you think its a good product to pick up on? Or do you think there might be alot of opened / Resealed boxes? Just curious I was thinking about picking up a few sets.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
xcantgobackx said:
Nice pick-ups! Love a Koufax auto!
Thanks. It's available in the right deal.

matfanofold said:
Randy Shields said:

Yep, I remember that. Raws were getting like $800 or so each. The only reason I can think of as to why they were so high, and now they are not, is supply and demand. When they first got real hot, and exploded in price, everyone who could afford it was having to track down the card and bid against tons of other people trying to get one as well. Which is why I think they sold for so high at one point. And now that demand is less then when it was when the card first became a 'must have', supply has always been there. I mean, there is always a dozen or so in varying pricepoints on the bay. Also, I'm not sure of print run, but I have a feeling there is no shortage of this card at all. Having said that, I think ~$400 for a BGS 8 (or raw) Topps card from 2000, albiet condition sensitive, and from what I can see, no shortage of, is very good! And I highly doubt this card will see $1000 any time soon, if ever again.

I think the market just completely shifted. At one time here were some prices:
Pujols SPx-$1200
Howard BB Auto-$800
Wright BC Auto-$600
Prince Fielder Ultimate Auto-$600

Before the recession these numbers did not seem unreasonable considering how sweet they are for the caliber of player. The recession completely changed people's perspectives. With the prices Strasburg and Harper (and others) are now getting, and hopefully an eventual turnaround in the market, I think there's a chance we one day see these kinds of prices again.

gogosox40 said:
I was checking the checklist for the Topps Traded and there are 80 Signatures. with 1 per box. Do you think its a good product to pick up on? Or do you think there might be alot of opened / Resealed boxes? Just curious I was thinking about picking up a few sets.
I've never heard of any being resealed. The odds are not great to get a Miggy at 1:80, but there's also Michael Young, Ben Sheets, Barry Zito, Carlos Zambrano etc.

ThoseBackPages said:
archiebunkerjr said:
Does anyone know the print run on those Cabrera autos?

i think 3,000 is a safe bet
I believe the Zambrano Collector was working on this based on serial numbering. I don't think the number is higher than 2000, which is less than the base Chrome Auto's I believe, and this has no parallels.

edit: See Mudcatsdfan's post.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
xcantgobackx said:
Nice pick-ups! Love a Koufax auto!
Thanks. It's available in the right deal.

matfanofold said:
Randy Shields said:

I think the market just completely shifted. At one time here were some prices:
Pujols SPx-$1200
Howard BB Auto-$800
Wright BC Auto-$600
Prince Fielder Ultimate Auto-$600

Before the recession these numbers did not seem unreasonable considering how sweet they are for the caliber of player. The recession completely changed people's perspectives. With the prices Strasburg and Harper (and others) are now getting, and hopefully an eventual turnaround in the market, I think there's a chance we one day see these kinds of prices again.

gogosox40 said:
I've never heard of any being resealed. The odds are not great to get a Miggy at 1:80, but there's also Michael Young, Ben Sheets, Barry Zito, Carlos Zambrano etc.

ThoseBackPages said:
archiebunkerjr said:
Does anyone know the print run on those Cabrera autos?

i think 3,000 is a safe bet
I believe the Zambrano Collector was working on this based on serial numbering. I don't think the number is higher than 2000, which is less than the base Chrome Auto's I believe, and this has no parallels.

edit: See Mudcatsdfan's post.

From my estimates the number is around 1,200 as my 67 Zambrano Topps Traded autos range in serial number from 8804-9959
So I would say there are less than 1,500 of each.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Zambrano38 said:
From my estimates the number is around 1,200 as my 67 Zambrano Topps Traded autos range in serial number from 8804-9959
So I would say there are less than 1,500 of each.
Great to have an expert around. Thanks for providing the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts