Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Obtained 3 new in-person autos last night @ The Tradition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fitefansho

May 26, 2010
The Tradition is a thing they do at the Boston Garden annually to raise money for the sports museum and honor local sports heroes. I was there last night, it was a really good time, they held it right on the Parquet Floor of the Boston Garden. Anyway, former Red Sox players Jerry Remy and Dwight Evans were there. I shook both of their hands, had quick little chats with both (Dwight was VERY friendly and nice) and got both of their autographs on old Topps cards, a 1978 Evans and a 1983 Remy. But the best score of the night was getting a nice clean Bobby Orr autograph on a 2009 UD Goodwins Champion card. He signed it in just the right place on the card and normally he likes to personalize everything he signs but he just signed his name on this card. I will post up some pictures ASAP. The Orr came out the best though because the sharpie he used was better than the one Remy and Evans used, on both of their autos the first letters came out too light like the sharpie needed a warm up or something.

fitefansho

May 26, 2010
OK here are some pics...

11709855-378

11709858-dfa

fitefansho

May 26, 2010
I own a couple personalized items from Orr, a nice picture, a puck...

He signed an old 70's Topps card for me a couple years ago and it came out good but he either intentionally or unintentionally put a sharpie mark right through the second R in his last name in addition to signing his name (and the card itself isn't in the greatest shape)... so I have been on the hunt for just what I finally got last night which is a nice clean mint on-card sig from Orr...

fitefansho

May 26, 2010
I like getting an autograph out of a pack as much as the next guy (though I don't like the stickers) but for me getting it in person is the best and almost all of my autographs have been obtained that way, I've been fortunate to be in position to meet so many sports people over the years. I gotta get a more reliable sharpie tho, my black let me down last night, just look at those black autos ::facepalm:: I should have just used the silver one for all three...

Latest posts