Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What would you do????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
Hi Everyone,
I was thinking....If you had $5000 to invest into cards... What, or who would you buy? I am sure some will say, use it to flip a biggie, or build the PC.... I know this is a loaded question, :lol: however just curious, of your thoughts. I am thinking of doing some high end flipping..
Thanks,
Paul

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I would get a 2009 Legendary Cuts Babe Ruth auto. They seem to be going for around $4000-$5000 as there was a decently large print run on them. No picture of the Bambino on it but if I had the cash to blow thats what I would do :mrgreen:

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
KOBEARODLT said:
blazers091 said:
kevin durant exquisite

VERY smart...anyone doing this will make big time money, a thousand plus or more per card...they are so cheap right now

agreed. i know a few guys who coach and scout basketball. both of them are in LOVE with durant. they say he has it all. one of them is even claiming he thinks durant will be the best player in the NBA in 3 years.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
nborton said:
KOBEARODLT said:
blazers091 said:
kevin durant exquisite

VERY smart...anyone doing this will make big time money, a thousand plus or more per card...they are so cheap right now

agreed. i know a few guys who coach and scout basketball. both of them are in LOVE with durant. they say he has it all. one of them is even claiming he thinks durant will be the best player in the NBA in 3 years.

he will be

how much are durant exquisites though?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
If I had to make an investment, I'd definitely invest in stocks.

mr148927 said:
Hi Everyone,
I was thinking....If you had $5000 to invest into cards... What, or who would you buy? I am sure some will say, use it to flip a biggie, or build the PC.... I know this is a loaded question, :lol: however just curious, of your thoughts. I am thinking of doing some high end flipping..
Thanks,
Paul

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
miguelcabrera said:
nborton said:
KOBEARODLT said:
blazers091 said:
kevin durant exquisite

he will be

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.ht...ite&_dmpt=US_Basketball&LH_Complete=1&guest=1

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
jmc280zx said:
miguelcabrera said:
nborton said:
KOBEARODLT said:
blazers091 said:
kevin durant exquisite

he will be

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.ht...ite&_dmpt=US_Basketball&LH_Complete=1&guest=1

if you have the money go for it

mr148927

Aug 8, 2008
boston
Thanks for the replies guys.... I have the cash to do it... However, I know about as much about basketball cards, as I do about polar bears.... :lol: Cgilmo I saw your post, and that may be a possibility also. Raw goes for about 225-300... have not seen any graded yet...

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
sheetskout said:
Put 4000.00 in to a mutual fund or a higher-interest CD and invest 1000.00 into around five players.

That's the smart move.

Where in the world are there high interest CD's right now??? If can find one, point me in the right direction.

skrip

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
ballerskrip said:
sheetskout said:
Put 4000.00 in to a mutual fund or a higher-interest CD and invest 1000.00 into around five players.

That's the smart move.

Where in the world are there high interest CD's right now??? If can find one, point me in the right direction.

skrip

Baller. I love you bro. But that's not what I said. "Higher" is a relative term. As in......I'm "Higher" now than I was before.

LOL.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
sheetskout said:
ballerskrip said:
sheetskout said:

That's the smart move.

skrip

Baller. I love you bro. But that's not what I said. "Higher" is a relative term. As in......I'm "Higher" now than I was before.

LOL.

I wasn't even trying to be a smart@ss, the wifey recently got a small inheritance and we have been looking for something to do with it. We searched different CD's and didn't find any that were worth the investment. So, I was actually hoping you had a good one on your mind :)

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
ballerskrip said:
sheetskout said:
ballerskrip said:
sheetskout said:

That's the smart move.

skrip

LOL.

I wasn't even trying to be a smart@ss, the wifey recently got a small inheritance and we have been looking for something to do with it. We searched different CD's and didn't find any that were worth the investment. So, I was actually hoping you had a good one on your mind :)

I was just joking around. Anyhow there probably aren't any really high interest CD's right now but the point is that it's guaranteed. The other point is that you should try to diversify with larger sums of money and shouldn't throw the whole sum into prospects.

In this case I would do something like:

1000.00 into a CD
3000.00 into a mutual fund like T. Rowe Prices Asian Growth Fund (Ticker: PRASX)
1000.00 into Jeremy Jeffress

(In this case Jeremy Jeffress = Other Prospects - I just wanted to flip you guys out for a second)

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
sheetskout said:
ballerskrip said:
sheetskout said:
ballerskrip said:
sheetskout said:

That's the smart move.

skrip

LOL.

I was just joking around. Anyhow there probably aren't any really high interest CD's right now but the point is that it's guaranteed. The other point is that you should try to diversify with larger sums of money and shouldn't throw the whole sum into prospects.

In this case I would do something like:

1000.00 into a CD
3000.00 into a mutual fund like T. Rowe Prices Asian Growth Fund (Ticker: PRASX)
1000.00 into Jeremy Jeffress

(In this case Jeremy Jeffress = Other Prospects - I just wanted to flip you guys out for a second)
Can I skip Jeffress and just buy the weed with the extra $1000?

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
mr148927 said:
Thanks for the replies guys.... I have the cash to do it... However, I know about as much about basketball cards, as I do about polar bears.... :lol: Cgilmo I saw your post, and that may be a possibility also. Raw goes for about 225-300... have not seen any graded yet...

well lets just say, durant exquisites will make the money people made of heyward high end cards look like childs play

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
sheetskout said:
ballerskrip said:
sheetskout said:

That's the smart move.

skrip

LOL.

+1

Members online

Latest posts