Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What multiplier do YOU use for non-chrome BGS 9.5s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
If you do not like and/or hate grading, i respect your opinion, but this is for those that are a fan of slabs.

I realize that "bv" means nothing in 2010, but it is a guide of some sorts.

What percentage more are you willing to pay for a 9.5 for a non-chrome/finest/etc card?

if the card books for $20 and is a pretty acessable card, what would you be willing to pay for a 9.5 copy of it?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
i hate grading but if i liked it

this is for bgs 10's but ill give my opinion and only prospects
i feel like the middle card is, the more the 10 command brings you
what i mean by that is blues and x's get more of a premium for being a 10 than anything else
the more rare or the more common the card gets numbered wise from there, the less the premium for a 10 is (albeit still a premium exists for said 10)

edit- sorry didnt see the non chrome part, but alas my opinion is there anyways

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
ThoseBackPages said:
If you do not like and/or hate grading, i respect your opinion, but this is for those that are a fan of slabs.

I realize that "bv" means nothing in 2010, but it is a guide of some sorts.

What percentage more are you willing to pay for a 9.5 for a non-chrome/finest/etc card?

if the card books for $20 and is a pretty assessable card, what would you be willing to pay for a 9.5 copy of it?

Eric I think admiralty of people who collect slabs, you being definably one of those. So if I were to collect them
and the card graded out at 9.5 I would say atleast 50% over book if not more, since it depended on how many of the 9.5 are available based on the raw population too.

Hey just me 2 cents.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
I usually pay 30-40% more when it got slab. Mainly because I like BGS protection and I am insure of the condition and seller trimming card very unlikely.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
If it was a card I wanted and ungraded versions go for $20, I wouldn't mind paying $30 for it, figuring it would cost me around $10 to get it graded (including shipping both ways). And there's the risk it might not hit a 9.5 and I'd be out a lot more than if I just paid $30 to get it already slabbed.

But I don't think there's an automatic 50%, since for a card that sells for $100 ungraded, I might pay $125 but not $150. However, for a $200 ungraded card, I might not pay $250 but would pay $225.

I used to just prefer to add $10 to a BGS 9.5 slab and hope I could buy for that amount. Cheaper stuff, I'm talking about. Never really used a percentage, just felt if the added amount seemed acceptable, I'd pull the trigger. Run the completed auction searches to get a good average for raw and then decide if the bump for slabbed 9.5 is worth it.

Hope that helps :)

Latest posts