Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Andrew Oliver Called Up to Detroit!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Not quite sure if this is the right decision to make so soon, but I'll be watching this kid get his feet wet and wishing him the best.

Andrew Oliver-S- Tigers Jun. 22 - 12:57 pm et
The Tigers plan to call up left-handed pitching prospect Andy Oliver to start on Friday in Rick Porcello's place against the Braves.
Oliver was selected in the second round of the 2009 MLB Amateur Draft out of Oklahoma State. He hasn't made a start above Double-A to date, but the Tigers like what they have seen from the youngster thus far. In 14 starts at Double-A Erie this season, Oliver has posted a 1.28 WHIP and a 70/25 K/BB ratio. We'd let him get his feet wet before giving him fantasy consideration.
Source: Jon Paul Morosi on Twitter

Go, Andy!
Oliver2.jpg

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Andrew Oliver Called up

Tigers called up Oliver to pitch Fri night. He was leading AA in strikeouts.

If i am going to list some of his cards that i own. Do i wait till after his start, before his start, or BIN OBO anytime from now on.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Thanks for moving the post

I have been picking him up cheap as of late. Donruss autos at about 4 a card

I have been buying a few for a buck a card plus shipping now i wish i bought more. This happens to me every time i have a little stockpile of cards of a prospect they get called up just when i start buying more.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Re: Andrew Oliver Called up

t3dudek said:
Tigers called up Oliver to pitch Fri night. He was leading AA in strikeouts.

If i am going to list some of his cards that i own. Do i wait till after his start, before his start, or BIN OBO anytime from now on.

I'm not sure on this one. There's not much hype pre-start. The most likely way to hit big is hoping he does really well and selling post-start. :?

bmc398

May 25, 2009
brianga26 said:
sweet!! I have about 15 of his Autos
You going to the game cheeseball? I think I am. Working on tix now. I think I have 5 of his autos but they are all staying pc unless he starts selling for $$$$$$$$$$$

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
bmc398 said:
brianga26 said:
sweet!! I have about 15 of his Autos
You going to the game cheeseball? I think I am. Working on tix now. I think I have 5 of his autos but they are all staying pc unless he starts selling for $$$$$$$$$$$

going on the Furbus with a bunch of friends. .its like 30 bucks for beer/drinks on the bus and then tickets to the game..

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Seems like the kid will be up for atleast a little while past the all star break. The team needs a lefty power arm in the rotation. Also always nice to turn around cards that you bought for a dollar each for 10-20 times that.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
t3dudek said:
Seems like the kid will be up for atleast a little while past the all star break. The team needs a lefty power arm in the rotation. Also always nice to turn around cards that you bought for a dollar each for 10-20 times that.

I have a red status up, but I decided to counter a few low offers and hold out until prices go up some more. He pitched tough the other day despite the loss and I think his mid-90s fastball and power arsenal from the left side are gonna be good for some more quality starts in the near future.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
QS loss....the AL could use a Kershaw.....he seems like a nice replacement for Porcello until he gets his head on straight.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
i have a few of his autos an decided to only sell 1 of his cards at this time that being a USA baseball auto that i bought 2 weeks ago for 1 dollar. i turned around an received 25+ dlvd. So that takes care of my whole investment in him. Sadly like ike davis i told myself that i should be buying more of this player but just never did. I will sit on my other 4-6 auto's i have of him till atleast his next start.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I sold the (4) EEE Auto's I had purchased for a total of $12 including shipping with (5) base for $53 dlvd on ebay.

I think I might just buy every cheap Tigers prospect... I paid $2 on a Boesch base Auto, $7 on a Boesch Blue Auto and $20 on a Boesch Gold Auto also in the offseason. Unfortunately, I moved the Gold for $25 when I was having a show fire sale in March and got $40 for the Blue and base... ::facepalm::

Members online

Latest posts