Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett busted a couple boxes of '10 A&G

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Part 1:

[youtube:2gg0x9ay]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnF7TfeyNGs[/youtube:2gg0x9ay]

Part 2:

[youtube:2gg0x9ay]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp5g0Qy17YA[/youtube:2gg0x9ay]

Too much in the way of nonsensical non-baseball cards. Glad Drew Brees has a A&G card ...

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
rico08 said:
55_marlins_sp said:
Too much in the way of nonsensical non-baseball cards. Glad Drew Brees has a A&G card ...

That's A&G for you.

I know they are known for jive. But this just seemed to be all jive and not much in the way of baseball.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
bodiaz said:
Video too slow! What were the.hits beside Adam dunn bat?

Crap.

Two autos were a Kubel (redemption) and a basejumper (who's movie went straight to DVD...in Asia), 4 jersey/bat cards... I recall a Dunn Batt, a blue David Wright, and two other players.

Looks like non-sport garbage. I don't see the appeal of this. Interestingly, no Strasburg in 2 boxes. Figured they would have pulled at least one because, you know, they're Beckett...

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I ,for one, love busting these. There's nothing like opening a pack and seeing a card of the world champion card stacker, or the yo-yo master, or Jack the Ripper. I would've given my left...well you know for a Billy the Marlin auto last year but instead all I got was a Miguel Cabrera auto redemption (who?) Seriously this is my favorite set of the year!

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
sigma_chi said:
I ,for one, love busting these. There's nothing like opening a pack and seeing a card of the world champion card stacker, or the yo-yo master, or Jack the Ripper. I would've given my left...well you know for a Billy the Marlin auto last year but instead all I got was a Miguel Cabrera auto redemption (who?) Seriously this is my favorite set of the year!

Different strokes.

I don't collect non-sport cards. I collect baseball cards. These aren't baseball cards; they're history cards with a few baseball players thrown in. Enjoy them if you want to. I just don't see it.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
55_marlins_sp said:
Part 1:

[youtube:25rbnb3j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnF7TfeyNGs[/youtube:25rbnb3j]

Part 2:

[youtube:25rbnb3j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp5g0Qy17YA[/youtube:25rbnb3j]

When did they hire Chumley from Pawn Stars?

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Erich said:
When did they hire Chumley from Pawn Stars?

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who you are!

I was waiting for him to go out and shoot some old military weapon.....

Fire360

Aug 13, 2008
US
rickpawn-People-keep-writing-chumley-It-is-spelled-chumlee.jpg

:lol:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
And this is why I giggle a bit when the "I bought a case of ginter to bust what can I expect in return" topics are posted year after year. I love Ginter but I realized long ago the chances of a decent return are extremely slim. For me personally I love busting boxes of it and reading the backs of the cards, reminds me of when I was younger and I actually collected to collect and not expect a box of cash.

I would be lying if I didnt admit I am waiting for the rash of "What the hell is this garbage topics" from the people who just didn't listen when others told them to buy singles instead of getting 13$ in cards from a 100$ box :lol:

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Looks like another redemption fest and topps will certainly not bust @#)@( too get those cards, they will
just replace it with stuff in the junk pile. Yeah!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Jeff N. said:
[quote="sigma_chi":j594tkcw]I ,for one, love busting these. There's nothing like opening a pack and seeing a card of the world champion card stacker, or the yo-yo master, or Jack the Ripper. I would've given my left...well you know for a Billy the Marlin auto last year but instead all I got was a Miguel Cabrera auto redemption (who?) Seriously this is my favorite set of the year!

Different strokes.

I don't collect non-sport cards. I collect baseball cards. These aren't baseball cards; they're history cards with a few baseball players thrown in. Enjoy them if you want to. I just don't see it.[/quote:j594tkcw]

Exactly right, and why I love them!

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
Wow, first off those guys from beckett are ANNOYING! secondly, that stuff looks impossible to get a decent hit out of. I auto of a F'ing base jumper?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
P_Manning 18 said:
bodiaz said:
Video too slow! What were the.hits beside Adam dunn bat?

I believe they hit a Tiger Woods Auto.... Strasburg Redemption 1/1 and LeBron James Logo Auto.
:lol: :lol: Thanks for the chuckle!

Do past year A&G SP's and mini's demand anything, or is there a small window on release as far as command?
I know they are always highly collected by set collectors every year, but do '08 & '09 SP's/minis still have some value?

Members online