Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Over the next 5 years, which 1B would you rather have

Which 1B would you rather have over the next 5 years

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Fantasy wise here. I currently have Pablo Sandoval and Martin Prado. I need saves badly in one of my leagues. I can get Broxton, Franklin or Soria. Sandoval and Soria are in contract seasons. I currently also have Ike Davis in my minors. Also in the deal Gaby Sanchez would be coming my way. He also would be in my minors, but more than likely called up quickly. This is a money keeper auction style league. Right now salary cap is not going to be a problem any way I go.

So before I do a deal, just curious as to what you guys think first.

~AJ

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
ajbraves25 said:
Fantasy wise here. I currently have Pablo Sandoval and Martin Prado. I need saves badly in one of my leagues. I can get Broxton, Franklin or Soria. Sandoval and Soria are in contract seasons. I currently also have Ike Davis in my minors. Also in the deal Gaby Sanchez would be coming my way. He also would be in my minors, but more than likely called up quickly. This is a money keeper auction style league. Right now salary cap is not going to be a problem any way I go.

So before I do a deal, just curious as to what you guys think first.

~AJ

So you would/could be receiving J.Broxton & G.Sanchez for Sandoval? If so then I'd say go with that trade immediately, especially in being able to acquire a 1B whom is currently better in term's of fantasy production than Sandoval & who could be a major addition if he continues with this level of offensive production...Not to mention currently Ike Davis is almost been as good as Pablo this season in fewer at-bat's (& you've got him stashed correct?). I hope this helps & remember that this board is going to favor the "bigger" name even if he isn't performing at the same level as the smaller name player's (but fantasy isn't about name's, it's about number's). ;) :D

Edit- I mistakenly chose Pablo in the selection poll.. :benson: :lol:

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Well I picked Sandoval and it has nothing who has the bigger name. If I understand correctly, you have had Sandoval the whole year. You've already paid for his slow start, why not be rewarded for his strong 2nd half? He's not going to have a .754 OPS the rest of the way. He has 2 position eligibility(and in some leagues 3). Do I think long term he's going to hold up? No. I have his same body and believe me it doesn't age well. :lol: But he should be ok for the next 5 years. Ike Davis should be fine long term but the league is already starting to catch up to him. I think you are throwing away this year if you depend on Davis. Gaby Sanchez is playing above his head right now and he's not in the Marlins long term plans. You don't want to have your starting 1b sitting on the bench watching Logan Morrison play when the Marlins blow up their season.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Morrison is currently playing in the outfield in the Marlins system. As for Pablo I have had him since last year. I have to contract him out this year if I plan on keeping him. He hit a ton for me last year, but this year not so much. I am really needing saves and I would get Sanchez in the deal with a closer and that is looking like it will be Broxton.

As to all the other posts, only Sanchez, Sandoval and Davis are in this discussion because they are the only guys that I have or could end up with.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
ajbraves25 said:
Morrison is currently playing in the outfield in the Marlins system. As for Pablo I have had him since last year. I have to contract him out this year if I plan on keeping him. He hit a ton for me last year, but this year not so much. I am really needing saves and I would get Sanchez in the deal with a closer and that is looking like it will be Broxton.

Morrison and Stanton both in the OF? Some big ole' boys lumbering around out there.
You are playing in a more sophisticated league than my keeper. I'm not quite sure what you mean by contracting him out. I'll just leave you with the fantasy wisdom of "Don't pay for saves." Good luck!

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
SamHell said:
ajbraves25 said:

Morrison and Stanton both in the OF? Some big ole' boys lumbering around out there.
You are playing in a more sophisticated league than my keeper. I'm not quite sure what you mean by contracting him out. I'll just leave you with the fantasy wisdom of "Don't pay for saves." Good luck!

In my league we have an auction draft. Every player starts with a 1/3 contract. At the end of the 2/3 season you can contract the player out for $5 per year minmum of 2 years. So I would have to contract Sandoval out now and not get any saves, or I can trade him and bring up Sanchez and ride out his NL ROY season and get saves. I also have Ike Davis in the minors and have Martin Prado I can play at first if need be right now. So I really have Pablo at a point where he is expendable.

~AJ

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
kentuckyderby said:
I was going to say to stay away from Sanchez due to Morrison until I read about Logan M giving LF a shot

Yeah I wasn't to interested in Sanchez either til I really looked at his numbers and read today thath Morrison is playing in the outfield now. So if I can pull off that deal, I think I will. Some people think it would be a mistake and to not pay for saves, but we'll see. Nothing is in stone as of yet. Plus I think I just got Bobby Jenks for James Shields so that would really sway my thinking in this deal.

One other thing, it looks like Broxton is now off the table and it would be either Franklin or Soria. Not that those guys are extremely worse that Broxton, just putting that out there.

Informative posts thanked.

~AJ

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts