Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I love wretched eBay titles ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I've seen much, much worse...as long as the name is spelled correctly, it's not that big of a deal. They have the key words:

Vanegas
Red
Bowman
Chrome

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Sly said:
I've seen much, much worse...as long as the name is spelled correctly, it's not that big of a deal. They have the key words:

Vanegas
Red
Bowman
Chrome

Agreed. It's a lousy title, but it has the main keywords - the glaring oversight being "ref" or "refractor," but anyone looking for '10 BC red refs or that particular player should have found that auction. Regardless, nice card!

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
55_marlins_sp said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/10-BOWMAN-CHROME-A-J-VANEGAS-RED-ROOKIE-CARD-5-/280527859103?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4150c36d9f

:D

Congrats! $48 for that card is a very solid deal, but I think it could just as easily have been random pricing volatility that resulted in the low price. The title has the player's name, "Bowman Chrome", "red", and "5". Not great for a title, but not outright terrible either. Some of his golds have closed as low as $12, so it's not inconceivable to win it at $48, even without any help from a bad title.

Either way, he's a player I like (smart kid... Stanford commit), so I can understand your satisfaction with the deal.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Considering a similar auction went for this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEDWX:IT

A few weeks earlier, I was stunned at the price. Refractor was left out of the title as well, which catches a LOT of viewers.

And Maxpower, the Gold at $12.50 went that low because I didn't bid higher. That's the lowest a Gold has went. The other low was $18.71. Then the rest are mid $20's to high $30's.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
55_marlins_sp said:
Considering a similar auction went for this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEDWX:IT

A few weeks earlier, I was stunned at the price. Refractor was left out of the title as well, which catches a LOT of viewers.

And Maxpower, the Gold at $12.50 went that low because I didn't bid higher. That's the lowest a Gold has went. The other low was $18.71. Then the rest are mid $20's to high $30's.

Well, as long as you're happy, that's all that really matters!

I've been watching the kid (I like him because he committed to my alma mater). I've held off on buying his stuff because of the residual Strasburg/Harper premium on 2010 Bowman stuff and because I think he'll ultimately end up going to Stanford rather than signing (so there will be time to pick up stuff later).

It would be hard for you to go wrong with the red at $48. There's definitely upside there and not much downside. That being said, the golds have been trending down ($40+ at product release (3 sales), $30+ in early-to-mid June (4 sales), and the two most recent only got $18 and $12).

It's entirely possible that the lack of "ref" or "refractor" in the title accounts for the final price, but I think it's also possible that maybe you got a good deal just because the prices on stuff like this are all over the place. Either way, I think you're totally justified in being happy with the purchase!

cfind

Jun 10, 2010
Congrats and great pick up! I totally missed that one and would have definitely bid had I noticed.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Thanks everyone. I'm waiting for the super to pop up. I'm sure a nutso bidding war will go with that one ... :?

I do know that I only need a Refractor and a Red of another USA guy to have the rainbow though ... :cool:

Members online

Latest posts