Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tom Brady to the 49ers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
IMO Brady turned out b/c he developed in the right system. Put him San Fran as a rookie in 05 and he looks no better than Smith.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Dan Marino to his hometown Steelers in the '83 draft instead of the Steelers drafting Gabe Rivera, who was paralyzed in a car accident during his rookie season and never played again. UGH, Bradshaw passing the torch to Marino, then just a 5 year dry spell before Big Ben....that would've been SWEET!!!

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
If Bo Jackson was not an ******* who wanted to play football and baseball, and actually signed with Tampa Bay, the Succaneers would have had a good ground game to back up Vinny Testaverde, and he would have had a better start to his career.

osappy1

Aug 11, 2008
Bay Area
dfr52 said:
IMO Brady turned out b/c he developed in the right system. Put him San Fran as a rookie in 05 and he looks no better than Smith.

Wrong, the system doesn't make you throw at receivers feet or consistently throw the ball 5 feet over the head of a wide open receiver in the flat. Tom Brady is one of the most accurate QB's of all time and that is not due to a system.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
osappy1 said:
dfr52 said:

Wrong, the system doesn't make you throw at receivers feet or consistently throw the ball 5 feet over the head of a wide open receiver in the flat. Tom Brady is one of the most accurate QB's of all time and that is not due to a system.
The system helped him hone his skills all around as a player. It doesn't matter if you can knock a dime off a barn roof with a football if you don't have the other skills to go around it. The Patriots' system helped him develop those skills. There are even drills and techniques taught to help improve accuracy, so that could also be a product of the system. There are a lot of QBs who are studs in their system, and look like it's all natural talent...until you remove them from their system. (I don't mean Brady is crap if you remove him now. I just mean he may not have developed into a star in another system.)

rngrbrown

Jun 19, 2009
Ft Benning, Ga
How about 2007 NYJ dont take Darrell Reevis and he drops one more pick to the Steelers Instead of Lawrence Timmons. I think Timmons is a good player although hes an OLB playing MLB because hes not better than Woodley or Harrison. But Reevis Staying in the burgh would have been sweet hes one of the best defensive players in the league. Can you imagine him and Troy Polamalu in the same Defensive backfield????? the Possibilities are Endless!!!!!!!

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
rngrbrown said:
How about 2007 NYJ dont take Darrell Reevis and he drops one more pick to the Steelers Instead of Lawrence Timmons. I think Timmons is a good player although hes an OLB playing MLB because hes not better than Woodley or Harrison. But Reevis Staying in the burgh would have been sweet hes one of the best defensive players in the league. Can you imagine him and Troy Polamalu in the same Defensive backfield????? the Possibilities are Endless!!!!!!!

I think about that every year. The Jets probably knew that we would take Revis, so that's probably why they traded up to get there.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Card Magnet said:
osappy1 said:
dfr52 said:

The system helped him hone his skills all around as a player. It doesn't matter if you can knock a dime off a barn roof with a football if you don't have the other skills to go around it. The Patriots' system helped him develop those skills. There are even drills and techniques taught to help improve accuracy, so that could also be a product of the system. There are a lot of QBs who are studs in their system, and look like it's all natural talent...until you remove them from their system. (I don't mean Brady is crap if you remove him now. I just mean he may not have developed into a star in another system.)

Thank-you! Brady benefited from top caliber coaching, a solid mentor in Bledsoe, and an OL that has always protected him. Combine those factors w/ his natural talents a team develops a stellar QB. QB's almost never develop w/ in bubble. They require consistent coaching, talent around them, and OL protection.

HEAVYHITTER

Oct 31, 2008
mstng99tim said:
Dan Marino to his hometown Steelers in the '83 draft instead of the Steelers drafting Gabe Rivera, who was paralyzed in a car accident during his rookie season and never played again. UGH, Bradshaw passing the torch to Marino, then just a 5 year dry spell before Big Ben....that would've been SWEET!!!

I often ponder the thought of 12 rings........ DAMN IT.........

Members online

Latest posts