Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The HUGEST Tony Gwynn card!!! See the picture!! Pacific!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I cleaned out my garage and finally got around to pulling this out and snapped a picture. It's 8' by 4'!!! Metal front and laminate backing...
...and yes, it has a dinged corner!! :D
Doesn't fit in my house, but makes a nice wall in my garage!!
047.jpg
:D :D :D
Real picture, (although I "painted" out my license plate #!)
If anyone's interested, I will share the story on how I got it!!

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
That is the coolest item I've ever seen in a player collection.

You should take that to Gwynn signing to get it autographed and maybe take a photo of him standing next to it.

rimcdonald

May 22, 2010
I tried to pull on of them but the dang pack searchers always got them first. Still can't figure out how they found them every time.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
that thing is so awesome, if ryan had something like that I would put up some big money.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Cobra29svt said:
Pack pulled?

that would be the funniest thing ever, if for a joke there was actually a pack that weighed 20 pounds and completely ripped out of the box.
hopefully metfan will come in and make one of his masterful photoshoppings about it. :D

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Oh man, that is one sweet collectible. But just imagine a game-used version :p

gwynn.jpg

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
gracecollector said:
Oh man, that is one sweet collectible. But just imagine a game-used version :p

gwynn.jpg

smart idea for current players whose jerseys are plentiful. would be an awesome 1/1

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
That thing is amazing! I've never seen anything like it. How did you get such a monstrosity?

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Ha! Good fun!
Here's the story:

About 5 years ago...I went to a local distibuter, the ones who sell to card shops and stores. I was picking up some supplies for a local card shop.
It's a large warehouse. Stuff everywhere. Plain cardboard boxes, large shelves. I glance to the back as I am checking out...I see the top of Gwynn's head poking out in the very, very back.

WHAT THE...?!!?

What are the odds! I ask where they got it...
Pacific Trading Cards is actually a local company. I had been going to Pacific Trading Cards since I was a kid (Yes! 1980 Topps Football is in!!)
When Pacific Trading cards went out of business (about 03-04, I was living in Arizona at the time) that distributer picked up a bunch of random stuff in the sell-off. This was one of them.

"Is it for sale?" I ask.
"You want it, you can have it," they reply.

**Cue Light opening from heavens above and Angel voices...**

First of all, there had to be some serious alignment of the planets for this to go down:

1. First I had to find it...amazing odds.
2. I happen to be a crazy Gwynn collector....pretty amazing, especially considering #1
3. Had to be in my price range!!....Amazing in itself! I am am way too cheap!!!! Passionate, but cheap!

My wife would never had let me get this..."too big, too bulky, too ugly, where are you going to put it?...so, luckily:

4. She was out of town!!!!

I borrowed a friends truck, strapped it in drove it home and mounted it in the garage! Imagine her surprise when she opened the garage and saw Tony glaring at her!!!! Ha! Already in the house so I can't get rid of it!!
She has since come to grips with my Gwynn obsession and would never deny a great thing like that!

Members online

Latest posts