Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox Heading into the Trading Deadline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Its pretty simple. This is a pathetic team and can't even compare to any of the teams in my lifetime. Sure the 90s Sox never won it all, but they were at least players I liked and were all major leaguers. The team we have now is a pathetic shell of what we once were, and in my opinion, there is nothing else to do but try and rebuild for the future. I know people are going to say they are in contention blah blah blah, but I have watched them all year, and this team is going nowhere, absolutley nowhere, so I think the best option is to get prospects back and build for the future.
I feel the Sox will probably stay neutral as the deadline comes and passes, but hopefully they can realize that this team sucks, and there is no other option but rebuilding.

Here is what I feel they should do.

Keep
Youkilis- Still a young player, so he can still be part of the future. He is also a great player, so there is no reason he should be traded.
Ellsbury- fakes injuries, but still, see youk.
Pedroia- see Youkilis
Buchholz- ANother young guy who is only going to get better.
Lester- see Buchholz

Trade
Beltre- This team is going nowhere, and Beltre is only going to leave at the end of the season, so why not get something for him now. Trade him to a team that needs another bat (twins, giants, rockies etc) and get some young talent that can help us in the future.
DiceK- He sucks, so I dont know if anyone would even consider taking him, especially with the contract he has. Maybe a team desparate for something pitching would consider it, but I doubt it. Either way, at least try and move him.
David Ortiz- I love the guy, but he is at the backend of his career. The Sox arnt going anywhere this year, and with his hot bat recently, I feel we could get maximum value for him right now. It would be sad to see him go, but trading him to a team that needs some bats is the right move imo.
Papelbon- Get what we can for him now, and move Bard to the closer role. There is definitely teams in contention who could use a closer, and we could get something decent in return for him. Then move Bard to the closer role for the future.
Scutaro- Cant do anything at the plate or defensivly. Trade him for some bats?

Unsure
Drew- I love Drew, but I just dont think we should keep him around if we are going to be sellers for obvious reasons (age, contract). Another guy that would be tough to move because of his contract, but maybe get rid of him to a team that needs a bat and pay for part of the remaining contract.

Thoughts?

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I do agree with you on trading Papelbon. Beltre, eh. They can at least recoup a nice draft pick when he leaves.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Team will stay intact. They still have shot at division and should get wild card once team gets healthy. Team has done very well with all injuries.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
55_marlins_sp said:
I do agree with you on trading Papelbon. Beltre, eh. They can at least recoup a nice draft pick when he leaves.

What type of draft pick would they get when he leaves? I just feel like the way he has been swinging the bat can get them a decent prospect or two from a team that needs a hitter.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
matchpenalty said:
Team will stay intact. They still have shot at division and should get wild card once team gets healthy. Team has done very well with all injuries.

You are crazy if you really think they have a shot at the wild card. I do believe the team may stay intact though because they are too delusional to see how pathetic a team they are.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
miguelcabrera said:
55_marlins_sp said:

What type of draft pick would they get when he leaves? I just feel like the way he has been swinging the bat can get them a decent prospect or two from a team that needs a hitter.

Depends on his production, I believe. Right now, I'd assume (not 100% sure) that they'd get a 1st round or a sandwich pick between the first & second.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
55_marlins_sp said:
miguelcabrera said:
[quote="55_marlins_sp":z4ifq62y]I do agree with you on trading Papelbon. Beltre, eh. They can at least recoup a nice draft pick when he leaves.

Depends on his production, I believe. Right now, I'd assume (not 100% sure) that they'd get a 1st round or a sandwich pick between the first & second.[/quote:z4ifq62y]

Hmm maybe thats better than what they would get if they traded him. I still think they would get something decent from a team needing a hitter though.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
I knew we were going to get swept coming into this series. I told my friend we would get swept by the Rays and Jays heading into the break. I should have taken that 10 dollar bet. damn red sox suck and so do I

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
I knew we were going to get swept coming into this series. I told my friend we would get swept by the Rays and Jays heading into the break. I should have taken that 10 dollar bet. damn red sox suck and so do I
Stellar defense by Hall tonight

How many more weeks until Pedroia is back????

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
scotty21690 said:
miguelcabrera said:
Stellar defense by Hall tonight

How many more weeks until Pedroia is back????

WHo cares how many weeks until Pedroia is back. This team is done. AWESOME RUN PREVENTION SQUAD THEO. We HAVE to be leading the majors in unearned runs. If we arnt I would like to watch the team that is play.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
scotty21690 said:
Maybe the current Sox team should swap places with the Lowell Spinners, can't hurt right?

The sad thing is I dont even think this is a joke because it honestly cant hurt.
I know. I just checked their roster and saw that Jed Lowrie is on the team....where has he been all year?

matty07

Aug 7, 2008
Hamilton, Canada
miguelcabrera said:
scotty21690 said:
Maybe the current Sox team should swap places with the Lowell Spinners, can't hurt right?

The sad thing is I dont even think this is a joke because it honestly cant hurt.

I love your threads and I dont know why people seem to dislike you or bash you all the time

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
scotty21690 said:
miguelcabrera said:
scotty21690 said:

I know. I just checked their roster and saw that Jed Lowrie is on the team....where has he been all year?

Yeah idk he just bounced a minute ago because he knew what was coming. Bring the Spinners into Fenway for the TExas series after the all star break and see what happens?

Members online

Latest posts