Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

wouldnt the hr derby be better if?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
if you had to run around the bases after every home run like in real baseball? then them dudes be tired and such, boring when they just stand there like that

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
My idea was they had to chug a beer real fast after each

that would separate the men from the boys

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I think they should have to hit it to certain fields. LF CF RF zones. Then after they have hit 1 to each field they can bomb away to anywhere.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
TBTwinsFan said:
They should do a points system...

1pt per home run

and points for calling the shot, and for hitting opposite fields... etc etc. Make it a little more difficult

to make it interesting you really need direct competition.. indirect makes this exactly like bowling... when there is not a head-to-head clash anything will become pedestrian and dull .

I say all the other competitors instead of lathering their ass up in the back should go out with a glove to the wall. screw the kids, this should be a competitive event.

all the opponents of the batter can either
a) try to rob a shallow home run and knock a point off the enemies score
b)try to catch a pop/fly-out, which gives that player an extra AB.

that would make it more of a three-dimensional contest. a guy went first and is down by one, so he needs to find a way to catch a ball to get back into the contest.
see? the game has already become more than just one guy swinging at a bp pitch.

brumbach

I saw this thread yesterday and just thought of the old Outpost.com spot for some reason. Ravenous wolves might make the HR Derby more entertaining...
[youtube:28zh3u3v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cmT8M_67ow&playnext_from=TL&videos=nCfaPdM9U9Y[/youtube:28zh3u3v]

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
nborton said:
pigskincardboard said:
I think they should just get the best home-run hitters.

no doubt. this would help a lot. take away the AS selection criteria and make it like the dunk contest where anyone can be in it.

1 problem with that. A lot of them are 1 and done. It takes a lot out of the player to do this. That is why there are no defending champs trying to defend their title...

I don't think this should be a competitve event. The Futures Game is competitive, the AS game is competitive, and no-one cares about the Softball game... they need 1 event every year where 8 players can kick up their heels and have a little fun. I think the other all-stars should get up off their butts and field those balls... one day some kid is going to get dome-pieced and then that will take that out of it... The fielders should have a competition as well... 1 point for each catch.

We did that during BP this year, a lot of the fielders were having a competition to catch the most fly balls. People were snagging them like interceptions in football.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
it'd be better if you cut down the outs from 10 to 5, at least in the first round or two.

Not only will it make you more selective on what pitches you try to hit out, it'll keep from having to wait an hour and a half between your competition at-bats.

I'm okay with 10 outs in the final round.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
rsmath said:
it'd be better if you cut down the outs from 10 to 5, at least in the first round or two.

or what if theres a sudden death round where if they fail a ****** gets dumped off a platform into a shark tank?

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
10 outs first round
6 outs second round
3 outs third round

Short and sweet. Just a way for advertisers and the stadium to get more dollars by dragging it out so dang long.

(rsmath- you beat me to it, but I'll post anyway :D )

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts