Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keep or sell the last Strasburg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
So I got three of these from the Topps both for basically $9 each. Had to open 3 packs of any Topps product and the cheapest was $3 a pack opening day.

Ive sold 2 so far for $40 a pop and can sell this one for the same $40. so turning $27 into $120 sounds nice but should I keep the last one? do you think these will go up? or should I move it while im still able to get $40 for it?

thanks

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Re: Keep or sell the last one?

If you'd only keep it to sell later, I'd move it now...or soon at least. If you would keep it because you actually like/want the card then that's a better reason. If you wouldn't miss it, why not take the $40 and put it toward something you really want?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

Why does Strasburg have an All Star Card? :lol:

You might as well sell it and buy a card that actually has some meaning to Strasburg.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
If you'd only keep it to sell later, I'd move it now...or soon at least. If you would keep it because you actually like/want the card then that's a better reason. If you wouldn't miss it, why not take the $40 and put it toward something you really want?
Yea keep to sell later.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI

vwnut13 said:

You might as well sell it and buy a card that actually has some meaning to Strasburg.

+1

Was this a pre-print assuming he would be selected or something? I don't get it.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008

sheetskout said:
vwnut13 said:

+1

Was this a pre-print assuming he would be selected or something? I don't get it.
they had other non ASG guys like Nolan Ryan.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Jeff N. said:
Sell. It's been my experience that all of the fanfest stuff drops in price after the short spike.

FOr sure. Last year the Pujols patch cards went for 80 during/immediately after the Fanfest and sets were going for 200. Now, the Pujols patch goes for 30ish (at shows, haven't seen one on eBay for awhile) and the sets go for 40-50.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
Sell. It's been my experience that all of the fanfest stuff drops in price after the short spike.
yea thats what I was thinking but also I was thinking will the price go up when most of them get sold since their will be less supply?

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
boxbreaker44 said:
[quote="Jeff N.":3htwtl1z]Sell. It's been my experience that all of the fanfest stuff drops in price after the short spike.
yea thats what I was thinking but also I was thinking will the price go up when most of them get sold since their will be less supply?

And less demand.[/quote:3htwtl1z]
true.

Members online

Latest posts