Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Could a package of Kearns/Wood get some decent prospects?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Sadly, there is no shortage of guys like Kearns and the fact that he has persevered so far in MLB is a testament to his drive. After being a top prospect for years and a great rookie year, the injury bug bit back and he never reached his potential I don't believe.

He's a serviceable 4th outfielder, but far to inconsistent for much interest at all I would think.

Kerry Wood is making too much this season for any team to take on his payroll and give up much of anything. It will cost close $5 million for the rest of Kerry Wood's season services. Kearns is at least dirt cheap at under $400K for the rest of the season. But while Kearns has been in the league since 2002, he's hardly anyone's idea of a "veteran."

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
In the Woods situation,if the Indians were to pay half of the remaining salary i could see a decent prospect in return.Kearns i would like to see the Indians keep for now.There has been talk here of Carmona being traded and if that happens, i will be very upset.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Nope, Bavasi is no longer a GM.

Ben Broussard for Shin-Soo Choo
Eduardo Perez for Asdrubal Cabrera

In back to back seasons...

Oh what could have been for the M's...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
frzg said:

Wow, Is that all that is cost to get Choo? I don't remember that at all. Talk about a steal!

He's a very under-appreciated hitter on a lousy team, and for that price...Wow again!

BTW, the Phils would do Werth, Lidge, Blanton and Francisco (back) for Santana!

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
gt2590 said:
frzg said:

Wow, Is that all that is cost to get Choo? I don't remember that at all. Talk about a steal!

He's a very under-appreciated hitter on a lousy team, and for that price...Wow again!

BTW, the Phils would do Werth, Lidge, Blanton and Francisco (back) for Santana!

Yeah, for 3 months of Broussard the cost was Shin-Soo Choo. His next trade was...

Bedard for Adam Jones and Chris Tillman, so it's not like this was anything new lol

Members online

Latest posts