Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No mention of John Lackey?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
matchpenalty said:
His pitch count is already over 100, will be interesting seeing how much he has left

Lackey's a work-horse, and he's blowing through the 8th, I don't think 120-130 pitches is an issue for him.

On that...I don't know why I continue to watch this garbage...f'n Mariners!

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
I think you were best off not mentioning it :lol:

I'm still shocked the M's came back. I still predict the Red Sox win, though.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
What's wrong with the skip? Why not bring in Papelbon after the home run rather than making him try to clean up Delcarmen's/Scutaro's mistakes? It's not like they used him last night or something...

What am I missing?

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
maxpower said:
What's wrong with the skip? Why not bring in Papelbon after the home run rather than making him try to clean up Delcarmen's/Scutaro's mistakes? It's not like they used him last night or something...

What am I missing?
Think Francona gets fired if the Red Sox continue this downward spiral? It probably won't happen though as they obviously aren't the healthiest team, but you never know.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
trademhigh said:
maxpower said:

What am I missing?
Think Francona gets fired if the Red Sox continue this downward spiral? It probably won't happen though as they obviously aren't the healthiest team, but you never know.

To say they aren't the healthiest team is an understatement. There is not a team in the league who has been hit harder with injuries this year.

maxpower

Jan 6, 2010
trademhigh said:
maxpower said:

What am I missing?

I can't imagine them firing him. I don't think he's a great manager, but he's not bad either, and it's not like the Sox are underperforming given all the injuries.

Then again, I tend to think managers are overrated in general. They win when they have good players and lose when they have bad players...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts