Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EVERYONE MUST SEE THIS THREAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
So I went with my mother to SGC today to drop off my submission, and two other people were waiting to be helped. I casually asked them what they were picked up, and the man said, "a Honus Wagner, THE Honus Wagner." I pretty much looked like this :shock: The story behind this was an 83 year old man left his estate to a church, including 194 REALLY old cards, including Ty Cobb red backs, Cy Young with the hand showing, Walter Johnson, Nap Lajoie, etc. etc, all the huge names in T206. Along with that was a 1911 Sporting News (?) Cy Young, didn't really get a close look at it, but I got a close look at this:

HONUSWAGNER.jpg

It was incredible. My brother who also collects turned down going with me to go to a swim club :lol: he's going to be pissed once he finds out I saw it in person. All the T206 cards were trimmed, but still beautiful.. A really incredible experience, the collection is being auctioned up through Heritage, I'm going to try to follow it if it is possible..

Thanks for the read!

zan

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
incredible!!! Im surprised the owner actually told you he was picking up those cards. I would be scared of getting jumped the minute i walked out of SGC :lol:

Hawkhawk

Aug 13, 2008
Thats cool! i have seen a t206 before last year a guy in my town who collects cards said he had one and showed it too me my jaw droped.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
Very cool. I'm also surprised the guy was so open as to what he was there for. Kind of like going to the bank and telling the person behind you that you are withdrawing $100K.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I only see the word Image so it must be for your eyes only :shock:

But nice story and thanks for sharing it with us :D
Edit I see it now man that is one sweet card.

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
Mark McGwire Museum said:
[quote="Pine Tar":22qon4pz]I only see the word Image so it must be for your eyes only

me too! I wanna see it[/quote:22qon4pz]
Should be there.. I see it clear as day..

zan

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
very sick, i got to see one in some show in VA, but i was younger so i could have been a reprint, but i still think it was legit

Very very very sweet, i hope they have one at the natty

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY
I am just so lucky that he was that open about showing me what he had. He was not a collector, he was more into coins than cards. A rep at SGC ballparked the Wagner at $200,000 and the Young at $25,000, alone, not to mention the other 192 cards he had :lol:

zan

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
Congrats, Zan. I bet you didn't expect to see one when you woke up this morning.

BTW, I'm still watching your auction.

Members online

Latest posts