Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Real or Fake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I didn't realize, I was just going through Tribute Patches on eBay.

I know that lately there have been laundry tags in regular gu, but that was only the coolbase jerseys.

I figured topps would use prime pieces in low numbered cards.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
vwnut13 said:
I didn't realize, I was just going through Tribute Patches on eBay.

I know that lately there have been laundry tags in regular gu, but that was only the coolbase jerseys.

I figured topps would use prime pieces in low numbered cards.
Don't ever assume Topps will do things the right way..

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Wow, you guys really beat the OP up for that. It's not like he's saying BOARD MEMBER X faked patches! He simply saw a card and asked about it.

With the amount of fakes on the market, no one should ever be bashed for posing a simple question.

I think the OP is a moron but not for asking this question. I don't think he knew the cards were pulled by a board member and are we all really living under the impression that no one on this board fakes patches?

****, if I faked patched I'd post them in the box break sections like a normal break just to make sure they were deemed real because a *board member* pulled them.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
muchuckwagon said:
This was a major let down...any thread called "Real or Fake" should be discussing boooooobies! :D

I suppose any thread simply called "Fake" would be discussing those things that your wife has every couple of nights.

ZING! ZINGERS!

I need to get outside soon, I'm going stir-crazy.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
Wow, you guys really beat the OP up for that. It's not like he's saying BOARD MEMBER X faked patches! He simply saw a card and asked about it.

With the amount of fakes on the market, no one should ever be bashed for posing a simple question.

I think the OP is a moron but not for asking this question. I don't think he knew the cards were pulled by a board member and are we all really living under the impression that no one on this board fakes patches?

quit swearing if I faked patched I'd post them in the box break sections like a normal break just to make sure they were deemed real because a *board member* pulled them.
Well one who may have been bidding on the patch and saw this thread doesn't bode well for the seller does it?

But no, the bad publicity for the seller doesn't matter to you....instead, you would rather protect the OP's feelings....Are you going to get a manicure later today :?:

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
scotty21690 said:
pigskincardboard said:

quit swearing if I faked patched I'd post them in the box break sections like a normal break just to make sure they were deemed real because a *board member* pulled them.
Well one who may have been bidding on the patch and saw this thread doesn't bode well for the seller does it?

But no, the bad publicity for the seller doesn't matter to you....instead, you would rather protect the OP's feelings....Are you going to get a manicure later today :?:

You do understand what a question mark means, right? I always wondered why we didn't take on the spanish way of doing things with the question mark at the front, just to make things crystal clear.

Would this thread have been different if he asked, "Do tributes numbered to 50 have laundry tags?" and put the picture of the Rivera in there?

I really don't know but I assume that people capable of reading the first post of a thread are also capable of reading the next seven responses saying that it's real.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
scotty21690 said:
pigskincardboard said:

Yeah what he said!!!
Plus let's not forget that the seller is quite the handsome fellow. :cool:
I can see why someone might think it's fake, seller only has 100% feedback, is a top rated seller, doesn't have any other questionable patch cards up or sold recently, the fact that there's similar one also listed from another part of the tag, ect, ect.
With all of that said, sometimes things make a little more sense if you stop and think for a moment.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
scotty21690 said:
pigskincardboard said:

You do understand what a question mark means, right? I always wondered why we didn't take on the spanish way of doing things with the question mark at the front, just to make things crystal clear.

Would this thread have been different if he asked, "Do tributes numbered to 50 have laundry tags?" and put the picture of the Rivera in there?

I really don't know but I assume that people capable of reading the first post of a thread are also capable of reading the next seven responses saying that it's real
First of all you seem to give people a lot of credit ;) (You may be surprised...)

And secondly if the OP did a teeny weeny bit of research then maybe he would have discovered that it is indeed a real tag patch that is not faked. To go out and blindly assume that it could be fake without doing a hint of research is just silly. And for those who may just glance at the first post without reading further may second guess their potential bid on the card.

But now that we have confirmed that it is indeed a real patch card, you all should go bid on the auction as it's a really nice card. :)

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
You don't have to be a patch faker to sell a fake patch. Plenty of people pick stuff up from shows and resell it.

I really don't think there's any harm in asking a bunch of people that look at these things on a daily basis. If I had any questions at all, I wouldn't hesitate to ask. Furthermore, it's not like I have everyone's pulls cataloged.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
As someone who is new here also i will say that Pigskin makes a point that new people don't know who all of the "trusted regulars" are. Just because i joined FBC (only forum i have ever joined :cool: ) i am new here and if i posted an insane patch in the boxbreak boards, would it be thought of the same as joe fbc posting? I could be trusted not to rip anyone off in any way as i am sure many newbies could but it takes time to figure out who is well trusted here. I am not defending the OP or bashing him but just trying to elaborate on a piont Pigskin brought up, and while were at it let see them Hooters :) ::facepalm:: jk

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
jswaykos said:
My favorite part of all this is the assumption that everyone should read EVERY post to know who pulls what.

to add to that, just because someone posts something on the internet, it has to be real!.

Not clling anyone a packsearcher, but if Kevin Burge signed up here under a hidden name and posted a box break with a super crazy (faked) TOTT Jumbo Jersey patch it would be real because he posted it in a "box break" on the internet?

Anyway, there are now three Rivera laundry tags on eBay. "A" "the" and "tic". Are those three all real because there was one that was confirmed real. Would it be hard for Burge to pick up the single color jerseys and replace them with a laundry tag? Would they be real because there was *one* real one pulled?

Just saying.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
Are you a f***ing idiot??????

A Board member pulled this card

How about you settle the F Down! A simple "its real" could've been used.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
vwnut13 said:
jswaykos said:
My favorite part of all this is the assumption that everyone should read EVERY post to know who pulls what.

to add to that, just because someone posts something on the internet, it has to be real!.

Not clling anyone a packsearcher, but if Kevin Burge signed up here under a hidden name and posted a box break with a super crazy (faked) TOTT Jumbo Jersey patch it would be real because he posted it in a "box break" on the internet?

Anyway, there are now three Rivera laundry tags on eBay. "A" "the" and "tic". Are those three all real because there was one that was confirmed real. Would it be hard for Burge to pick up the single color jerseys and replace them with a laundry tag? Would they be real because there was *one* real one pulled?

Just saying.

That's a reach, even for you.
It's not like I'm some new member with a fake name and no transaction history. And again my Ebay credentials speak for themselves. I don't mind people making real or fake threads but in this case there is absolutely nothing to even think this card isn't legit. And I'm not just saying that because I pulled it.
I'm only even responding because you and I have "not seen eye to eye" on several matters and then you question the legitimacy of a card that I pulled.
If you disagree with me on something that's fine but please don't question my ethics.
With that said, if that wasn't your intention, I apologize in advance.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Only Yankee tag I would even touch is one that had Steiner or MLB authenticated hologram on it. Both should be on any recent Yankee legit game used jersey.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts