Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A Prospect I am Puzzled By....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Rashun Dixon.

He is a prospect I invested in heavily when his cards started coming out in 2008.

His 2008 season was hopeful.

His 2009 season was horrible.

And so far, his 2010 season has been mediocre at best.

He has the tools to be an elite prospect but has not been able to translate those tools into stats.

He is still only 19, and I know I should have more patience, but would you start moving a few things? I think he still garners a good bit on ebay (although I am sure I would take a loss).

Here is my stash, for what its worth:
img861.jpg
img847.jpg
img754.jpg
img763.jpg
img753.jpg
img752.jpg

img751.jpg

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
With players like that, it's really not even worth moving right now. What can you get per card? I can't imagine more than a few bucks, and only fractions of fractions of what you probably paid.

I've been preaching this for years. If a player has difficult with discipline in GCL, they're going to have difficulty with discipline in AAA. Very rarely is a player striking out more than once a game going to succeed. I've witnessed this same trend for YEARS.

He was a high risk when you bought in and you're seeing why.

saferseas

Mar 9, 2010
Portland, OR
yankeesfan24 said:
i am confused as to why he has a 1st yr rc in both 09 bowman chrome and 2010 Bowman
Because Topps is dumb. Don't they make this mistake fairly often.....i know i've seen it other years as well. Is it really that hard for them to know who they've already released?

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Ian Stewart said:
With players like that, it's really not even worth moving right now. What can you get per card? I can't imagine more than a few bucks, and only fractions of fractions of what you probably paid.

I've been preaching this for years. If a player has difficult with discipline in GCL, they're going to have difficulty with discipline in AAA. Very rarely is a player striking out more than once a game going to succeed. I've witnessed this same trend for YEARS.

He was a high risk when you bought in and you're seeing why.

True, although my buy in made it a fairly low risk buy; each prime cuts probably averaged out to $3 per, and paid less than $20 on the 1/1. I think, in total, I paid around $250 for all of this stuff. If he ever taps into his potential, maybe I will break even.

C-Note92

Aug 7, 2008
I'd hold right now as well, it's way too early to be taking losses at this point especially if he's only 19. You never know he could turn it around especially with you buying in so low.

Members online

Latest posts