Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bautista

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Bautista told MLB.com's Jordan Bastian that he isn't concerned about an extension. "I have one more year of arbitration and I have no problem with the process," he said. Bautista also said he hopes to stay in Toronto (Twitter links).
Bautista is the player the Giants want, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (via Twitter). Heyman suggests the Jays could target Emmanuel Burriss or Ehire Adrianza in a trade.

-MLB Trade Rumors

Not a big fan of Bautista, and while his HR are impressive this year, I think he's a fluke and might not translate well if he plays at AT&T park. However, with that being said, if we only gave up Burris or Adrianza I would be content with the trade.

Jan 15, 2009
darocker80 said:
Bautista told MLB.com's Jordan Bastian that he isn't concerned about an extension. "I have one more year of arbitration and I have no problem with the process," he said. Bautista also said he hopes to stay in Toronto (Twitter links).
Bautista is the player the Giants want, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com (via Twitter). Heyman suggests the Jays could target Emmanuel Burriss or Ehire Adrianza in a trade.

-MLB Trade Rumors

Not a big fan of Bautista, and while his HR are impressive this year, I think he's a fluke and might not translate well if he plays at AT&T park. However, with that being said, if we only gave up Burris or Adrianza I would be content with the trade.
I'd prefer Burris, Ehire has a HUGE upside!

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Not a big fan of ehire, i think he'll be a bust.

if bautista can actually hit HRs at AT&T then it'd be worth it imo (even though i really don't like his .250 avg and not that big of a body. But Giants could def use a bat that can change teh game with one swing.

Jan 15, 2009
darocker80 said:

if bautista can actually hit HRs at AT&T then it'd be worth it imo (even though i really don't like his .250 avg and not that big of a body. But Giants could def use a bat that can change teh game with one swing.
I think it will be Crawford or Ehire that will challenge for the starting SS soon...Bautista, would help out on the road a ton

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
GiantsSuperCollector said:
darocker80 said:

I think it will be Crawford or Ehire that will challenge for the starting SS soon...Bautista, would help out on the road a ton
ehire is fast, but low average, no pop, strikes out too much lets please trade him

Jan 15, 2009
darocker80 said:
darocker80 said:

ehire is fast, but low average, no pop, strikes out too much lets please trade him
He is a defensive STUD and is young. He will eventually learn.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
darocker80 said:
darocker80 said:

the defense is true. can he slap hit/drag bunt? That could get his avg up and his effectiveness and value would increase as he's a threat on the base paths.

Jan 15, 2009
darocker80 said:
darocker80 said:
darocker80 said:

the defense is true. can he slap hit/drag bunt? That could get his avg up and his effectiveness and value would increase as he's a threat on the base paths.
He is good at placing bunts down for a hit.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
darocker80 said:
darocker80 said:

You just described Burriss