Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Impatient, anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
I bid on an auction that ended in the wee hours of Sunday morning and hadn't paid for it yet - I was going to pay for a few auctions together after another ended this evening. Then I find the following message from the seller in my inbox:

"Has payment been sent/made yet?
Thanks ----"

It's not overtly rude or pushy, but is a seller with no stated payment required period really already e-mailing me a little over 24 hours after the auction ended? I know some folks on here have a "you should always pay immediately" attitude, but it was not a BIN and I have my own system for paying for all auctions (usually in bulk to waste minimal time) and I always pay well within stated payment required period. Besides, since the seller only accepts PayPal for payment, he/she would know if I sent my payment.

Does this strike anyone else as being a bit pushy, at least subtly? I'm not going to respond to the seller with anything rude... just going to send my payment this evening as planned and send a message afterward stating that I sent the payment.

Super32

Aug 8, 2008
Big ****** bag. It is a stupid email b/c he knows if you have paid him or not.

ahodge84 said:
I bid on an auction that ended in the wee hours of Sunday morning and hadn't paid for it yet - I was going to pay for a few auctions together after another ended this evening. Then I find the following message from the seller in my inbox:

"Has payment been sent/made yet?
Thanks ----"

It's not overtly rude or pushy, but is a seller with no stated payment required period really already e-mailing me a little over 24 hours after the auction ended? I know some folks on here have a "you should always pay immediately" attitude, but it was not a BIN and I have my own system for paying for all auctions (usually in bulk to waste minimal time) and I always pay well within stated payment required period. Besides, since the seller only accepts PayPal for payment, he/she would know if I sent my payment.

Does this strike anyone else as being a bit pushy, at least subtly? I'm not going to respond to the seller with anything rude... just going to send my payment this evening as planned and send a message afterward stating that I sent the payment.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
If you bid and you win you should pay as soon as the auction is over plain and simple. :D

This has been discussed here many times before. Some will say, you should not bid, if you do not have the money to pay as soon as the auction ends. I think that if you pay with 24-48 hours then things are all good. But hey you won the auction, you do what ever you think you should do. ;)

Richard

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Yeah, I should just admit that I am a ******. Apparently that's becoming more and more "in" on eBay, so I suppose that I'm subconsciously trying to fit in...

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
So you should pay immediately if you plan on buying other auctions from him?
and pay each individually?
I used to give people 2 weeks and then I would contact them..

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I try to send my payment in around 20 minutes before the auction ends...

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Mess with them and tell them you already paid, then wait 2 days to pay.

ahodge84

Jun 12, 2010
Lincoln, NE
Casebusters said:

Nah, tonight's auctions aren't his... I just generally pay for all auctions that end within a couple days' stretch in one batch to minimize the time that I waste recording my purchases, making account deductions, etc.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
You're just plain lazy. I pay for auctions I predict I'm going to win, before they end.

Get with the program, man ... :|

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jeff N. said:
[quote="Pine Tar":b13d8tew]
Topnotchsy said:
I try to send my payment in around 20 minutes before the auction ends...
:lol: you should bid on all of my auctions then

wait 7 days to pay, ignore emails, and wait for the seller to call you out on FCB.[/quote:b13d8tew]
Ditto!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
55_marlins_sp said:
You're just plain lazy. I pay for auctions I predict I'm going to win, before they end.

Get with the program, man ... :|

That's f'n awesome! :lol: :lol:

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
ahodge84 said:
Casebusters said:

Nah, tonight's auctions aren't his... I just generally pay for all auctions that end within a couple days' stretch in one batch to minimize the time that I waste recording my purchases, making account deductions, etc.

So you don't pay immediately for your own convenience?

I mean, why not pay right away and then at the end of the week go about recording everything? It's not like "order details" disappear after you pay for them. Maybe the format changes, I durno. I just open up the paypal account and open up ebay and type away. Maybe there's an easier way, who knows.

I'm anal as hell and I'm one of the few people that think you should pay when you realize that you've won. 4AM snipe and you log-on the next day to do some more bidding, it's time to pay. If you don't sign in for another two days, that's perfectly fine. I just think it's courtesy to pay as soon as you know that you've won.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I don't think people who are anal as hell should be messing around with ebay. I won an item on the 5th of July, and believe it or not... I was on vacation. On the 7th I got an email asking where his money was at. I paid on the 8th, and on the 10th I was mad as hell that the card wasn't at my house. And when it didn't show up on the 11th (a Sunday) I dropped him a neg. :lol:

I kid, I kid, but seriously... some sellers really need to practice a tiny bit of patience.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
All humor aside...I pay when payday comes. I have stopped using all credit cards and will never use one again. I am happily paying them off. Now there is no way in hell I'll have money if its a day or even a few days before payday. But if ebay gives me 7 days to pay...I can and should be able to use all 7 days if that's what it takes for me to pay. Do I like doing this? Hell no. It just takes that much longer before I get the card in hand. But if an auction is ending 3 days before pay day and the seller has nothing mentioned about a time limit...I will win it if I can and then pay when payday comes. And if its something I really need...I might even do it 5 or so days before. But every seller always gets paid. And I do avoid auctions where sellers want to be paid within a certain time frame unless I can meet the requirements. What you guys are getting mad about is the buyers actually using the policies of ebay to their fullest advantage. Be mad at ebay. But don't be mad at a buyer following ebay's guidelines.

Members online

Latest posts