Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What percentage of items on eBay are poorly listed?

What percentage of items on eBay are poorly listed?

• Less than 1/10 of 1% (less than 1 in 1000)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10 of 1%-1% (between 1/100-1/1000)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
There's a right answer to this question, but there's no realistic way to know the answer. Even trying to get a basic feel is tough because the items that are listed poorly are far less likely to be seen, and therefore most fly under the radar for most people.

Just thought it was an interesting discussion point...

On a side note, it stinks when you find a really nice card listed poorly, but with a BIN that is way above market value.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
If i had the right search, i could find 3-5 badly worded auctions a day, but that's still less than 10%.

Misspelled names is common (FARVE anyone?) - much less common is people completely forgetting to mention it's an auto, a cut, or #rd below 10.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
Just tossing this out there... but sometimes I feel as though poorly listed items sometimes go for more than their well listed counterparts. I think everyone feels as though they are the only on that knows about the listing and have a "deal" only to find out others are bidding. That's not to say some poorly listed items go for below market value, but in my experience a lot do not.

And yes, I have fallen victim to the poorly listed item with the ridiculously high BIN.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I'd say less than 1% but definitely closer to 1% than .01% are poorly listed.

Now I wouldn't call them poorly listed, but I'd say probably 40%-60% of auctions could be listed better by removing irrelevant information, adding better key words, listing with a single scan instead of a gang scan, etc.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
HPC said:
Also depends on your definition of poorly listed.
Duh... not sure what I was thinking leaving this out.

In my mind a poorly listed item is one that due to the way it is listed will go for less than it would have otherwise. (Obviously an item can simply say "baseball card" and if two people want the card it will sell just fine, but the idea is that it is listed in a way that it would usually sell for significantly less than it would had it been listed properly.

edit: This would mean that most mistakes are not included. In my mind if the mistake does not significantly affect sale price, it's no big deal and therefore the listing can't be considered too "poor."

Members online

Latest posts