Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA PROSPECT HOT SHEET 8/6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I guess I still do not know how this work. I am surprised to see Reddick on the list since he has had a couple of stints in the majors already

Also did not think Flaherty was old enough to be a Man Amongst Boys

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Huffamaniac said:
I guess I still do not know how this work. I am surprised to see Reddick on the list since he has had a couple of stints in the majors already

Also did not think Flaherty was old enough to be a Man Amongst Boys

Join the club.

Reddick is still considered a prospect, as he has less than 130 ML AB's.

However, the Man Among Boys category is not reserved for prospects exclusively. I can't figure out how Flaherty was more deserving than someone like Homer Bailey.

And speaking of omissions, where the frig is Melky Mesa????

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Nice mention of Minor making his MLB Debut on Monday!! :D

Who ya got?
Davidson or Borchering??

BIG MAN!!
Flaherty2008UpperDeckUSAJuniorNatio.jpg

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Jaypers said:
Russ S. said:
Who ya got?
Davidson or Borchering??

All year this kids splits have been absolutely brutal. As a righty, even during his lackluster start, he was still putting up .800+ OPS.

His future definitely should be interesting to say the least. I don't know at which point the organization would ponder telling a switch hitting kid to screw it. I'd imagine it'd be at least a couple more years.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Its about time Wil Myers got some of that Mike Trout hype.

Re-read the very last line of the summary...

"Many scouts see Myers as a right fielder, and while it would be great it he could catch, his bat is so good that he could be a star at any position."

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Its about time Wil Myers got some of that Mike Trout hype.

Re-read the very last line of the summary...

"Many scouts see Myers as a right fielder, and while it would be great it he could catch, his bat is so good that he could be a star at any position."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
JP-The reason I thought Myers would be #1 was the average. I mean homeruns or not, how many times do you see a guy bat .667 for a full week of professional baseball? Not to mention he pushed his overall average to .396 which is pretty incredible, and he has the BA hype/potential factor going for him. I think you're right that power numbers are a big deal... but .667? How could they go against that?

Show em if ya got em.

MyersOrange.jpg

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
JP-The reason I thought Myers would be #1 was the average. I mean homeruns or not, how many times do you see a guy bat .667 for a full week of professional baseball? Not to mention he pushed his overall average to .396 which is pretty incredible, and he has the BA hype/potential factor going for him. I think you're right that power numbers are a big deal... but .667? How could they go against that?

Show em if ya got em.

MyersOrange.jpg

Sweet! I have to scan my Myers stasssshhhhh soon!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
excel_B said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":2v4veyj5]JP-The reason I thought Myers would be #1 was the average. I mean homeruns or not, how many times do you see a guy bat .667 for a full week of professional baseball? Not to mention he pushed his overall average to .396 which is pretty incredible, and he has the BA hype/potential factor going for him. I think you're right that power numbers are a big deal... but .667? How could they go against that?

Show em if ya got em.

MyersOrange.jpg

Sweet! I have to scan my Myers stasssshhhhh soon![/quote:2v4veyj5]

Yeah I'll need to scan all my stuff individually as well...other than this orange and a lone blue, the other 25 autos I have of him are grouped up in three gang scans.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="excel_B":26q92llp][quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":26q92llp]JP-The reason I thought Myers would be #1 was the average. I mean homeruns or not, how many times do you see a guy bat .667 for a full week of professional baseball? Not to mention he pushed his overall average to .396 which is pretty incredible, and he has the BA hype/potential factor going for him. I think you're right that power numbers are a big deal... but .667? How could they go against that?

Show em if ya got em.

MyersOrange.jpg

Sweet! I have to scan my Myers stasssshhhhh soon![/quote:26q92llp]

Yeah I'll need to scan all my stuff individually as well...other than this orange and a lone blue, the other 25 autos I have of him are grouped up in three gang scans.[/quote:26q92llp]

Since your Orange's centering is a 9, but you should grade it! Looks like a 9.5 or else I need to order glasses!

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
excel_B said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":34pzjc4c][quote="excel_B":34pzjc4c][quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":34pzjc4c]JP-The reason I thought Myers would be #1 was the average. I mean homeruns or not, how many times do you see a guy bat .667 for a full week of professional baseball? Not to mention he pushed his overall average to .396 which is pretty incredible, and he has the BA hype/potential factor going for him. I think you're right that power numbers are a big deal... but .667? How could they go against that?

Show em if ya got em.

MyersOrange.jpg

Sweet! I have to scan my Myers stasssshhhhh soon![/quote:34pzjc4c]

Yeah I'll need to scan all my stuff individually as well...other than this orange and a lone blue, the other 25 autos I have of him are grouped up in three gang scans.[/quote:34pzjc4c]

Since your Orange's centering is a 9, but you should grade it! Looks like a 9.5 or else I need to order glasses![/quote:34pzjc4c]
He's alot better than morrison ;) . This kid is going to be something really special. To think a base auto could have been had for under 10$ upon release.

Members online

Latest posts